X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toyota Celica

Hey guys, my neighbor has a 1986 Toyota Celica ST sitting in his
    yard. He wants to get rid of it. He's never at home because he's
    a tour bus driver for country music singers. But enyways, it overheats after an hour it is driven, he thinks it's the thermostat. it has 110,000 miles on it and it's
    a 5-speed. he's asking around $800. is it worth it??? the body is
    perfect. just needs a paint job.

thanks.
    Mike A.

take a pic of it
    Ratrod

Comment

No, ST isn't really worth it. If it was the 85 GT-S (dunno if the 86 is the same, 85 is RWD) then it'd be neat.
      2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Check the radiator itself before you offer him anything. My 87 Corolla overheated on long drives and it was because half the fins were gone from the radiator core.
        ~Mark.
        2002 Protege DX 5 speed, "Kenmore White," well-loved and a little over half paid-for

Comment

meh, i loved the old celica's, my sister's father in law ended up keeping her old 86, still running with 326,000 miles on that baby... if you're looking for something to ultimately drive for a long while, that car's a keeper. granted it's ugly as sin though :p:

Comment

I had a Gts. I loved it. I dont know about that model though
            Sagaris

Comment

checking the Kelley Bluebook (bluebook.com) value of the car, an ST with 110,000 in good condition (which seemed to match the outer body description you gave) shows a private party sale of $775. I would say that, considering the over heating, it would be worth less than that.
              Last edited by JJB; 05-16-2004, 02:51 PM.
              --JJB--
              '02 Silver Protegé5 - 5sp - no performance mods, no plans for them
              Kenwood Z919 -- Polk Audio speakers
              16" alloys w/ 205/50 Bridgestone RE750 (summer)
              15" steels w/ 195/55 Bridgestone Blizzak LM22 (winter)

Moon roof - wind deflector - variable intermittent wipers - electrochromic mirror w/ temp & compass
              Winter/beater car: 1997 Mercury Mountaineer with 182k on it

Comment

I had an '00 G-TS 6sp. that I traded for the speed. a celica is a great car. very reliable, and ALMOST as fun to drive as a protege.

Comment

A dude that I hang with sometimes has a I think a 85 or 86 GTS Celica and that mother****er is all wheel drives... Its a one of kind down in south...
                  Ratrod

Comment

that would be the all track. what engine does this car have?
                    .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                    225.94wtq
                    torque monster!!!!
                    dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                    http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                    http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

don't car values change ever so slightly dependent upon area of the country? at any rate, they're loveable cars

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin
                        don't car values change ever so slightly dependent upon area of the country? at any rate, they're loveable cars
                        yes, they certainly do (areas with less chance for rust usually do better for used car prices)... when I put the car into the Blue Book calculator I used a TN zip code (at least I think I did, 37129 if I recall correctly)

In any case the car is also an ST which does not have all the goodies of the GT-S that folks are mentioning here as well.
                        --JJB--

Moon roof - wind deflector - variable intermittent wipers - electrochromic mirror w/ temp & compass

Comment

not to offend the upper echelon of clubP members here, but what boob moved this from off topic, and why of all places HERE?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin
                            not to offend the upper echelon of clubP members here, but what boob moved this from off topic, and why of all places HERE?
                            it's not specifically in the off topic:

Club Protege Forums > Other > General Automotive > Toyota Celica

from what my browser is telling me. That would seem like the correct section for a non Mazda related thread...
                            --JJB--

Comment

haha he said "boob".

2000 White Protege LX
                              Sumitomo 195/60HR14
                              2 x Polk DB570 (5"x7")
                              Kenwood KDC-MP522 Head Unit
                              Kenwood KAC-7251 (800 W) Amp
                              Audiobahn AWC10T x 2 Subs
                              Kenwood Music Keg
                              Black Widow Keyless Entry
                              Intake- Custom SRI
                              Clear Corner Lights