Alingment Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alingment Problems

I have a 2000 DX and I installed the TEIN S-Tech springs in my car. I waited for about 2 weeks and went to get an alingment. While at Mazda the tech asked me for a compensation chart or something. I looked thru all the paper work that I got from TEIN and nothing of this matter. Can anyone please tell me what they are talking about. I really need an alingment my car is pulling a bit to the left. Thanks in advance. On yeah and I am a new member here been waiting for ever for my membership, thank you admin for finally hooking me up.
    Last edited by nando2323; 05-15-2004, 06:09 PM.
    2000 DX 1.6L
    17" Enkei RS7 Gunmetal
    Kumho ECSTA'S 205-40-17
    TEIN S-Tech Springs
    Ebay CAI customed to short intake with RACTIVE heatshielded cone filter (blue)
    M3 blinker mirrors
    NGK Iridium IX
    Next Gen Rear lights
    Diamond Clear Corners

sorry.. my car is doing the same, and i got the racing beat springs put on last weekend.
    (and ****ed up my wheel today)

i'll have my alignment done on monday/tuesday.... i'll let you know if they ask the same.

btw... welcome to the board!

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
    RB springs
    Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
    MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

yeah man welcome to the club, dont have a clue bout the alignment, sorry man,btw sweet looking car, whats next on the list of mods?
      .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
      225.94wtq
      torque monster!!!!
      dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
      http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
      http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Yeah thanks about the car but for next mod mostlikely a body kit or that Cork Sport powerseries exhaust if that thing fits the 1.6
        2000 DX 1.6L
        17" Enkei RS7 Gunmetal
        Kumho ECSTA'S 205-40-17
        TEIN S-Tech Springs
        Ebay CAI customed to short intake with RACTIVE heatshielded cone filter (blue)
        M3 blinker mirrors
        NGK Iridium IX
        Next Gen Rear lights
        Diamond Clear Corners

Comment

The tech is looking for some sort of chart that shouws were ther new alignment specs are to be. They need to compinsate for the change in ride hieghth. I would suggest that you take it to a firestone, Les Scwabb, Goodyear,... what ever may be around and tell them to align it to the best possible factory specs. You may have to buy some special camber adjustment bolts. They don't really sell them for our wounderful cars, but if you ask them to replace the strut bolts with an internal excentric cam bolt, they should be able to find something that fits. If they can't the next best thing would be to have them put a skinnier shanked strut bolt. The only problem with that is the hole for the strut won't be filled so you might get some movement out of it, but I doubt it. If there is a firestone tire center they sell a "lifetime alignment." As ;ong as you own the car you will never pay for a nother alignment. It is usually 150 USD. Very good price seeing as how 3 normal align. could cost you the same.
          Too bad I have AWD and you don't!

Comment

Working...
          X