contemplating thought you guys can help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

contemplating thought you guys can help

I found this 1990 5spd 323, for 1175, and im pretty sure i can haggle it down, even if its just a little bit. im wondering if i should get since i have EXACTLY 1145 in my bank. that means after i buy this car ill be flat broke on my ass, and will be stuck with a schitty 1.6L SOHC.... is it worth buying? ive wanted a nice 323 for the longest time.

so what do you think, 1175 for a '90 323? good deal?

p.s. and btw, about how much would a DOHC motor would cost?

thanks.

http://www.zero-technologies.com

you can find one wayyyyyy cheaper! ask bruce bout that, dont blow your whole bank account on a car, you can find one for easily 700-900 bucks.
    .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
    225.94wtq
    torque monster!!!!
    dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
    http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
    http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

not in my area... ive been checking back on autotrader website for like weeks, and this one came on the market just two days ago lol.

http://www.zero-technologies.com

Comment

well if you have to make an extended trip, make it, but realize, at 1175 bucks, even if you talk them down to 1100, you've still got title exchange and new plates, depending on which state you live in, but could run you an additional 40 to 100 bucks, tack on sales tax and dealership fee's if it's not a private seller. plus if you don't have car insurance at current, you may have to put a down payment on insurance. i'd say if you can talk them down to 800 or 900, go for it, either than that, forget it.
        peace

Comment

Try www.craigslist.org ,you're in CA right, the car will be more expensive than it is for the east coast people.
          2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Since you're gonna put the DOHC in it anyways you'd be better off waiting untill you can find one way cheaper w/ a blown motor. Thats what Im doing just waiting for one to pop up. I found one here for $200 but I was a dumb ass and didnt buy it. Then when I came to my senses about 3 months later the guy had allready sold it. It still ran just had a little bit of body damage.

Comment

I just bought my 323 for 160 plus 92 to get it home (gas plus renting a tow dolley ) so about 250 bux.

Blown 1.6, but fuggit, here comes the BP!!

I priced BP's at 150 plus 100 to get it pulled from my yard so 250 plus another 15 or so in sales tax. Then i'll need ecu, new clutch, some gaskets and other randomized ****. I'm hoping to keep the whole project under 800 bux total.
              93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
              02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
              05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

Originally posted by THEGOLDPRO
                you can find one wayyyyyy cheaper! ask bruce bout that, dont blow your whole bank account on a car, you can find one for easily 700-900 bucks.

Not everywhere....if you find one within 150 miles of Dayton, OH for that price you'll be my best friend.
                Current Cars
                2003 Nissan 350z. Touring Edition, Pike's Peak White and dark tint. Some audio work. Twin turbo swap and more audio work over the winter. Wheels and springs this winter.

Past Mazdas
                1994 Mazda Protege DX. DOHC swap in progress. Sold due to a move
                1992 Mazda Protege DX. BPT (GT-X) swap w. Haltech & MSD. Sold before it saw the road
                1996 Ford Probe GT. Flawless. 5-speed. Kept stock. Sold for an LS1

Comment

Working...
                X