Florida Publication, agree or disagree?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Florida Publication, agree or disagree?

After hearing that the state of Florida changed its opinion and let a Muslim woman have her picture on her driver's license with her face covered this is an editorial written by an American citizen, published in a Tampa newspaper. He did quite a job; didn't he?

Read on, please!

IMMIGRANTS, NOT AMERICANS, MUST ADAPT. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Americans. However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the "politically correct" crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others.

I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to America. Our population is almost entirely made up of descendants of immigrants. However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand. This idea of America being a multicultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. As Americans, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle. This culture has been developed over centuries of struggles, trials, and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.

We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language!

"In God We Trust" is our national motto. This is not some Christian, right wing, political slogan.. We adopted this motto because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.

If Stars and Stripes offend you, or you don't like Uncle Sam, then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet. We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from. This is OUR COUNTRY, our land, and our lifestyle. Our First Amendment gives every! citizen the right to express his opinion and we will allow you every opportunity to do so. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about our
    flag, our pledge, our national motto, or our way of life, I highly
    encourage you take advantage of one other great American freedom, THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.

If you agree -- pass this along; if you don't agree -- delete it!

AMEN
    I figure if we all keep passing this to our friends (and enemies) it
    will also, sooner or later get back to the complainers, lets all try,
    please
    Agree or Disagree.

Personally I agree. What do you all think?
    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Being an immigrant my self, I totally agree with you. This country is giving out so much f*cking freedom, that it is only doing bad for its self. This whole idea about the face being covered on the driver license is total embarassment to the term "Photo Identification". Does she have her face covered on her Green Card too? This is America people, and begin getting used to it.
    "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

well, i have to agree. our way of life has been established here, yet it's constantly being adaped for immigrants. i live in an area with a lot of mexicans, and in general i have noticed some pretty sad trends. #1 being that the kids have to learn english, so they can translate for the parents. WTF? if you were going to move to russia, would you make your kid learn russian, so they can translate for you? and in the area where i live, a large amount of the adults don't have drivers liscenses, let alone insurance. and the cops can't/don't do **** about it my friend got rear ended by a mexican 2 weeks ago. the guy was drunk, had no liscense or insurance. that's at least the 20th time in the past year that i've heard of the same type of situation. when you call the cops, they take down the info, maybe lock the guy up for a while, and he's back out, drinking and driving illegally like always as far as the "in god we trust" that's going a bit far with the whole separation of church and state. the idea to seperarate church and state was to prevent the church taxes, and church controlling the government, like in europe, many many years ago. i guess if the slogan disturbs you so much you can't use cash and for those individuals that always complain about our governement, which no, is not perfect, or our way of life, then leave. what's stopping you? oh yeah, the realization that there are far worse places in the world to be

Comment

ok, good IM not alone. I dont have any problems with immagrants, but the statement makes a valid point.

I am just glad that the newspaper didn't censor it like so much of the other crap that gets filtered due to not wanting to get sued.
        The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

If people of a different background that are willing to come to this country to live "the American Dream" are better realize one thing: SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST! You a human, you are a living thing, and living things adapt (themselves) in order to survive. Why do we have to adapt laws, because someone does not speak English, or because they do not want to and give no damn about it, and our government is to blind to see that?
          "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

I totally agree. Although I also think that immigration does have to get a little better with the screening. But I actually had a lady walk up to me at my store, and I work in a very multi-cultural mall, the Woodbury Commons, and this lady started speaking spanish to me. I said I don't understand, and in very bad english her friend says very rudely to me, "HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW SPANISH, WHAT KIND OF BUSINESS IS THIS WHERE NOONE HERE SPEAKS SPANISH!!" I replied to her in a very obnoxious voice, "How are you gonna come up to me, in my country, and and complain that I don't know your language. We speak English in America, so should you." So I hate when people say **** like that.
            2000 DX, Blue
            Eibach Pro-Kit, MSP Struts, 16" Kosei's on Honkook Ventus HR-II's(205-45-16), MSP Exhaust, Injen CAI, MSP Strut Tower Bar, NGK Wires
            2 JL Audio 10w3-d4's in a sealed box, Rockford 500s amp, 2 6x9 Pioneer Premier 4-ways, 2 6x8 Kenwood Excelon 3-ways, Rockford 301x amp, Pioneer Premier DEH-P650, Dynamat in some fun places.....

Comment

I agree with parts of it.

The language thing I agree with completely. We need a common language, officially, if we're ever going to get things sorted out.

One thing, though...

You're religious? Good for you. I don't give a ****. Keep it to yourself. And DON'T go shooting your mouth off telling ME to leave MY country because I don't agree with you. I was born here. My ancestors go back almost 400 years here; and some of them were here from the start (Blackfoot Indian). I'm not going anywhere.

Put whatever you want on the ****ing wall, or the money. Just make sure I can ignore it. It's a stupid, pointless, arbitrary argument that can't be won, and the sooner people realize that, and just drop the topic altogether, the better off we'll all be.
              ~Mark.
              2002 Protege DX 5 speed, "Kenmore White," well-loved and a little over half paid-for

Comment

Originally posted by Mark 02dx

You're religious? Good for you. I don't give a ****. Keep it to yourself. And DON'T go shooting your mouth off telling ME to leave MY country because I don't agree with you. I was born here. My ancestors go back almost 400 years here; and some of them were here from the start (Blackfoot Indian). I'm not going anywhere.
                I agree, Christians can lick my balls. I'm sick of them telling me they "founded" this country. If founding means murder, rape, and pillage then yeah I guess it was founded on good Christian values.

Luckily, thanks to intelligent men like Washington, Franklin, Jefferson we actually managed to make a country. It only took us a couple of hundred years to start totally screwing it up.
                2002 Silver ES 5-Speed
                1983 F-150 351W

Comment

Originally posted by kc5zom
                  I agree, Christians can lick my balls. I'm sick of them telling me they "founded" this country. If founding means murder, rape, and pillage then yeah I guess it was founded on good Christian values.

Luckily, thanks to intelligent men like Washington, Franklin, Jefferson we actually managed to make a country. It only took us a couple of hundred years to start totally screwing it up.
                  anyone remember the crusades?:p:

Comment

Religion is the reason were in this mess to begin with.
                    2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Originally posted by Marc93lx
                      Religion is the reason were in this mess to begin with.
                      actually, fundamental religions are y we are in this mess...and a culture that perpetuates violence and retribution, rather than peace

Comment

Originally posted by blue LEDz
                        anyone remember the crusades?:p:
                        Hey! You are not allowed to agree with me on anything. I thought we figured that out on PClub.
                        2002 Silver ES 5-Speed
                        1983 F-150 351W

Comment

Hey! You are not allowed to agree with me on anything. I thought we figured that out on PClub.
                          sorry, i'm a dick to so many people, i foget which ones i can't agree with i take it all back. we need to blow something up to show our beliefs are the right ones:p: and if we die in the process, it'll be all good, cause we are going to heaven, that's what they teach us nowadays

Comment

Originally posted by blue LEDz
                            sorry, i'm a dick to so many people, i foget which ones i can't agree with i take it all back. we need to blow something up to show our beliefs are the right ones:p: and if we die in the process, it'll be all good, cause we are going to heaven, that's what they teach us nowadays
                            lol...lets blow up the middle east

Comment

Now I agree religion sucks, and I do believe that there is noone looking over us, God is just someone people can depend on and can blame **** on, and I am not Christians, but don't say stupid stuff like "Christians can lick my balls." If you don't agree then just say that, don't rip on people for their beliefs. I know some people have very strong beliefs that there is someone divine looking over us, I just don't agree, but I ain't saying that they can just lick my balls. Use some intellect when saying your point.
                              2000 DX, Blue
                              Eibach Pro-Kit, MSP Struts, 16" Kosei's on Honkook Ventus HR-II's(205-45-16), MSP Exhaust, Injen CAI, MSP Strut Tower Bar, NGK Wires
                              2 JL Audio 10w3-d4's in a sealed box, Rockford 500s amp, 2 6x9 Pioneer Premier 4-ways, 2 6x8 Kenwood Excelon 3-ways, Rockford 301x amp, Pioneer Premier DEH-P650, Dynamat in some fun places.....

Comment

Working...
                              X