need help with underbodies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help with underbodies

i am installing some blue underbodies on my 03 protege 5 and my friend said i need to find a hole in the firewall to run wires through. is there a certain place that is easy to get to? also, i am putting a tip on my exhaust, and the old one looks like it needs to be drilled out. so atm thats what im going to do, unless someone says otherwise. please help.

Originally posted by GabboGabbo
    i am installing some blue underbodies on my 03 protege 5 and my friend said i need to find a hole in the firewall to run wires through. is there a certain place that is easy to get to? also, i am putting a tip on my exhaust, and the old one looks like it needs to be drilled out. so atm thats what im going to do, unless someone says otherwise. please help.
    There are all kinds of wire running through your firewall already. Find a spot closest to where you are mounting you switch and go from there. Also, you might find a rubber plug on the driverside under the dash that you will be able to remove and use that hole. Don't forget to use a gromet to prevent damage to your wire sheath that could cause a short. You could also remove your gauge cluster, you'll find alot of good spots back there and its easy to do. Best bet is to jam them through with the other wires.

Tony
    Tony
    Intense Performance
    Mazda Club
    of South Florida

www.ipmcsfl.com
    www.responsenegative.com
    www.cystband.com

I'm happy because Dima speeds, which makes him happy. He seems to be happy only when speeding, which makes me happy. And when I'm happy people around me are able to live another day. If you are alive right now, you should thank Dima.

Comment

Originally posted by GabboGabbo

look for a cluster of wires above where your clutch pedal is, or on the passenger side about a 1/4 the way into the engine bay down a little. either cluster of wires has a large enough factory rubber gromet that you can shove a screwdriver through and feed the wire through. you can get a 4 guage amp power wire through there, so small wires for an underbody kit will be easy.

Comment

Working...
      X