Exhaust questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust questions

I was thinking about getting that Cork Sport 'Power Series' Exhaust System. But as you can see I have a 1.6l and I am also thinking about the OBX headers the H2016 with that also. The questions that I have is will this exhaust fit my car without any welding or modifications and I know that I will have to remove the CAT's when both exhaust and headers are put on will that make my Engine light come on and if so how can I fix that problem. Thanks guys in advance.
    2000 DX 1.6L
    17" Enkei RS7 Gunmetal
    Kumho ECSTA'S 205-40-17
    TEIN S-Tech Springs
    Ebay CAI customed to short intake with RACTIVE heatshielded cone filter (blue)
    M3 blinker mirrors
    NGK Iridium IX
    Next Gen Rear lights
    Diamond Clear Corners

I have a 99 ES with a 2.25" custom SS catback mated to the AWR header, great combo however I did the mod to the 2nd O2 sensor, so I never threw a CEL, and I have wrapped my header due to under hood temps and how close the header sits to the right side fan, I think this is the AC fan, now I live in NW ohio so I dont have to worry about Emissions checks etc. etc., cause with the removal of the main cat the car is essentially illegal to operate on the street, but the performance is great best mod you can make short of a turbo or supercharger and you save about 1000 or so bucks, now Im not sure about the 1.6, but I am very happy with mu custom catback cost me 450 installed its mandrel bent, and I was able to get just the look i wanted, its in the stock position doesnt stick out beyond the bumper and I went with a smaller tip to maintain an almost stock appearance I want a sleeper look, well Ive rambled enough, let me know if I can help any other way, oh and what branch of service are you in? I was in the Marine Corps from 97 - 01 I noticed your sticker. Peace

Comment

buy a turbo, for the 1.6l all the header and exhaust will do is make you ridiculously loud, and you might run a low 17sec 1/4 mile instead of a mid 17 sec, plus it will cost you like 900 for that stuff just save up another grand and you have a turbo

Comment

^^^^thats what im saying.....and by the way people, just a little pet peave of mine....inline 4 cylinder = HEADER. not the plural sense...

sorry dont know why that bothers me. Must be the v-8 guy coming out of me.
        According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

bye the way nando,,,,,pimpin ride, and welcome to club protege...well kinda late but anyways.
          According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Ok thanks for all the info but my question was never answered, and to Drackonn where can you get a turbo kit for $1900? So I see that the header would just be a waste of money, but I still want to get that exhaust cause I live in the Northeast and that full stainless steel is the way to go around all this damm salt, and its not bad for under $400. Oh yeah and I was in the Marines too just got out this January served my 4 and left.
            2000 DX 1.6L
            17" Enkei RS7 Gunmetal
            Kumho ECSTA'S 205-40-17
            TEIN S-Tech Springs
            Ebay CAI customed to short intake with RACTIVE heatshielded cone filter (blue)
            M3 blinker mirrors
            NGK Iridium IX
            Next Gen Rear lights
            Diamond Clear Corners

Comment

Where were you stationed? and what was your MOS? I was at headquarters Marine Corps at the Navy Annex in Arlington Va. I was a 4066 computer geek I think its 6000 something now they combined it with the Com guys, did you do boot at PI? I graduated on Aug 22 1997 Plt 3064 kilo co, PT platoon ha! So hey drop me a line.

Comment

Working...
              X