What to do with my car? PLEAS HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do with my car? PLEAS HELP

Well times suck at the moment for me. My engine is teh suck. Its a 1.6l and i hate it plus its an automatic. Now recently my tranny is going bad and not to mention that my engine is already giving me some egr valve problems, etc. So I am at a dilemma. My three options are to
    1. Get a new motor and tranny (more then likely the whole front clip)
    I want to get some power because im tired of this slow pos. So I want a Jspec 2.0 and convert it to stick. Where could I order this and how much would I be expecting to pay to get all the conversions done?
    2. This option is pretty much stupid but Ill mention it anyways. Sell the car and then save up and buy another car with the money I make
    3. Get a 2001 black 2.0 stick and transfer all my current stuff that I can to the newer protege.
    Lets keep in mind that im still 17 so money is an issue. My mom will be helping me if she can with the conversion parts because the divorce money should be comng in soon.
    My OLD Car

dude, new motor cause your egr is giving you troubles???? wtf man pull it off and clean it, you really have no idea of the cost involved in doing a motor swap, and a tranny swap, swap the tranny to a stick and turbo the 1.6, trust me its fast enouf, and you dont have to go threw all the troubles of changing all the crap in your car for a 2.0 swap, which is alot, and not worth it. but hey if you have like an extra 10k to spend go ahead.
    .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
    225.94wtq
    torque monster!!!!
    dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
    http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
    http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

still the auto to manual tranny conversion is quite a hassle itself

best bet is to sell the car you currently own as it is right now and go get yourself a 01 protege manual...

less expensive any way around
      "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he how in the name of charity and good will shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper, and the father of lost children. And I will strike down thee with great vengeance and furious anger, those who attempt to destroy my brother. And they shall know my name is the lord when I raise my vengeance upon them."
      Ezekiel 25:17
      from Pulp Fiction

Comment

Get the 2001

Comment

i think the best way is to get the 2001 and then put my system and rims and other aftermarket parts off the 99 and then sell the 99 for like 5 G's which will help me pay off the 2001, or be used for turbo and such
          My OLD Car

Comment

yeah. just transfer all that **** over.
            i was going to do the same, til i found out the 5spd is just too small for me to shift in.

you could always whore yourself off for some extra cash, if needed

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
            RB springs
            Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
            MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

I think this is a pretty damn nice one
              My OLD Car

Comment

Get a 2001, it will be a lot cheaper.
                Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

I'd get a 99-00ES. But anyways, just sell the car, trust me, it's the way to go.
                  2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Yeah, get the newer one!
                    '03 Sunlight Silver ES/5sp
                    THUNDER 4-1 RACING HEADER
                    Racing Beat Exhaust, SPD Racing SRI
                    Eibach Pro-kit, MP3 ECU, MP3 Foot Pedals
                    Powdercoated stockers wrapped in Yoko AVS ES100s
                    Kartboy SS/Knob/Bushings

Comment

Response

Id be the one to say keep it. Im in the same boat as you are. I also have a 2000 DX with auto tranny. However, I don't plan on selling mine anytime soon. I have so much stuff planned for it. Im actually flirting with the idea of going F/I. After of course I beef up the internals and strengthen up the tranny.

But not to threadjack, I say you keep it and work with what you have. I mean, there must of been a reason why you got the car in the first place.

Comment

Sell it and get the 2001.
                        Better yet, if you want a turbo car, buy a turbo car to start out with and get it over with.
                        photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

mazdaspeed! I dont have the money for that though. I want to keep the protege though cuz I can then transfer most of my stuff over to the new car.
                          My OLD Car

Comment

d0od the mazdaspeed is overrated, get the 99-00 es 1.8 litre, and turbo it, that way you can keep everything off your car.i hate the front ends of the new ones, i think the lights are fugly as hell.
                            .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                            225.94wtq
                            torque monster!!!!
                            dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                            http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                            http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

yea, get a new whip

MP3 Strut Bar..Silver Stars..GoldLine Springs..Two 10 Inch Speakers..480 Watt Amp..Custom Voltage Meter..Ingen CAI..Bomz Axle Back Exhaust..Konigs Holes 17x7

Comment

Working...
                              X