need engine pics please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need engine pics please

my dad took the protege out of town for a few days so i can't go outside and look but i was looking at my altima cai: looks like this

the actual piping starts near the battery and i'm thinking i can mess around and get it to work if but i wasn't sure what our engine look like...

also...is our maf(air sensor) located on the stock air box? so i need a few good engine pics and see if i could do something with it....pics just like the one above would be awesome, thanks

like i said, daddy took the protege out for a few days, sorry for ur troubles, thanks guys...later

edit: notice it wasn't in the engine forum...sorry for that too
    Last edited by loserpunkx182; 05-19-2004, 12:30 AM.

the DA

oh yeah, one more...what year did mazda slap the OBDII on? i heard the 95 was the last year with OBDI's...

the DA

Comment

Moved the thread for ya...
      Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

"Everybody wants to go to heaven but nobody wants to die" -Thomas Callaway

Comment

interesting...is there anything blockin the intake from goin down lower...possibly near the wheel well

is that our cai or short ram?

the DA

Comment

too much lower and youll be on top of the tranny.
            According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

by the way post up some pics of the altima real quick.....Sorry proto guys, im into the nissins too.
              According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

that intake won't work, unless you move the a/c piping...
                I don't have a photo, but you would be best to route the pipeing down to the hole in the bottom and then use a 90 degree bend and put the filter down in the bumper.

If you have a welder available that would save you a lot of time.

[IMG]http://protosportracing.tr****.com/images/my_protege/engine1.jpg[/IMG]

where you see that red filter, in this not so good pic, that is where you would have to make your piping go.
                Last edited by bruce95fmla; 05-19-2004, 01:25 PM.
                photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Here ya go.
                  Attached Files
                  Ryan The middle child is always ignored
                  BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
                  Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

here's the one i got done for my car from essential.. since i'm getting the turbo done, i'm not sure whether he'll hack that one for the turbo, or just make new.. i should find out..

Just click the link, angelfire doesn't like me linking my pix the bastards....

the pix are old, my car isn't like that now, so no need for the wing bashing.. haha, i've learned that lesson.. its gone......

My old car pix

Last edited by Clappy; 05-19-2004, 09:07 PM.
                    98 Protege SE
                    -------------------
                    1.5L Turbo

Comment

This is what I had done before. I took some scrap exhaust pipes, and bend them into my cai. Here are some pics.

"Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

Originally posted by fuq_A_vtec
                        by the way post up some pics of the altima real quick.....Sorry proto guys, im into the nissins too.
                        there really isn't much on the altima...college and cash has held me back...if not for a few things it's completely stock but the ka does me well http://www.altimas.net/forum/showthr...ighlight=stock

thanks for the pics guys...it looks like a tight fit but i wont know until i try the piping...my 2 biggest fears right now are the sensor and the length of the piping from the tb to the front of the car....i'll try to keep an update cause if this works u guys can get this for alot cheaper then what ur paying for a cai from ES

the DA

Comment

Working...
                        X