Headlight conversion suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headlight conversion suggestions

I was thinking about doing a headlight conversion on the pro'. I was thinking like 00' + BMW 3-series. Anyone have any suggestions?
    94' Mazda Protege'... trying to return it to former glory.

aim: zep867

I would stick with the E-spec 323 headlights, they look great and actually fit on the car.
    Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

^^^^ what he said, though Identity X did the BMW conversion, and i have the ECE. so it is a question of what you want.

ECE are euro-spec ones that will bolt in. you will have to modify the harness so you can work the H4 bulbs.

The BMW conversion i have no idea what all it involves. i do know that there is cutting involved.
      When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
      Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
      Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
      So his engine he goosed
      With much too much boost,
      And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

he has a 94 protege. get mitsubishi mirage projectors. I have a howto on my site http://projectmazda.com/howto/

and do a search
        93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
        02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
        05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

yeah i think the mirage halos look the best of all
          i is dumb

Comment

i dont, i think the ones that fit do.
            According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

those halos are tight, thats why I was originally thinking bmw. I found a few sets on ebay for around 120 I think I'll pick those up. well once I finish with my clutch which finally went out this morning (6k 4 mph).

Comment

they have jspec clears, but im not sure about jspec headlights. I like the espec better then the halos personally

Comment

Yeah I like the e-specs better too. I just think they fit the car better. That is why I have them. Maybe I am biased.

The guy I bought mine from I think has another set for sale, headlights and blinkers if anybody wants any. Let me know and I can give you his contact info.
                  I don't get anything out of it, he was just cool to deal with.
                  David Page aka cablemirc is a sorry a$$ motherfunkin thief
                  He owes me $800.00 for leather seats he never delivered.
                  He doesn't even have enough honor to stay in touch.
                  If anyone knows how to contact him please let me know. clubprotege [at] evanjhoush [dot] com

Comment

Since you have the '94 model, the BMW headlight conversion will be an options only if you're willing to do some massive customazation or a '90-'93 front end conversion. I too, will recommend the e-specs for your application. They have an excellent light output and look nice and clean.

***Thread moved to proper section of the forum***
                    -------------------------
                    '91 LX
                    '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
                    -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
                    well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

I know all this good and well I have alot of experience with fabrication, I was just asking for suggestions

Comment

good thing is, especs are available in both trim years.. just sorta hard to find. all set aside, the mirage 'looks' better than plain especs, but who knows

Comment

Working...
                        X