Just Replaced the Mass Air Flow Sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just Replaced the Mass Air Flow Sensor

Yea what fun! We had a bad storm here the other night and i went through some high water that was in the road and my car bogged down. Got out later that night and it was missing and bogging down like nuts. So the next morning took it to Auto Zone Gods and they ran a Diagnostic and it sent a code that is was my Mass Air Flow sensor. Well they tried to sale me one for 180 dollas and i was like hell no so i got one from the Junkward Gods for 50 bucks(woohoo) It took 5 minutes to change and my car has never been happier!! Dosen't miss or nuthing at all! So if anyone is having a problem similar tothis check it out......i know this sounds crazy but im just happy i done it on my own hehe!!!
    "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Congrats chic.

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder
      Congrats chic.
      Thanks Intruder i like gettin' my hands dirty....learnin is great!!!

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

108 dollars is not a bad price for a new one. I'm guessing it was aftermarket. You were lucky finding one in junkyard. Around here, there are serisouly NO cars newer than 1995 in the junkyards.
        Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Originally posted by NegatiZE
          Around here, there are serisouly NO cars newer than 1995 in the junkyards.
          Same here. It's VERY frustrating.

Comment

congrats!
            2003 Mazda Protege LX
            Laser Blue
            www.cardomain.com/id/thejackyl
            Old Car
            1998 Kia Sephia LS
            Custom Front Bumper, motegi gunmetal mr7s wrapped in Nitto 450 Xtremes, OBX exhaust, Custom CAI, CUstom interior

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder
              Same here. It's VERY frustrating.
              I guess its time for us to migrate to larger cities...
              Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

I live in a little town.....but there are Junkyards all over the place.......weird!!

Comment

My 5 minutes of time was well spent....not burned........oh and i did research before i started so blah blah....TheMan makes my day again.......
                  Last edited by "mazdachic"; 05-21-2004, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Yup I did and it was profesionaly installed by the dealer.

Just had to check the faq. You get an extended warrenty on that part.

I have to say though Its way cooler that you just whent out and did it.
                    Unlike me who is a lazy bum and asks around on the forum first, while the car sputters and stuggles along.

Comment

yeah but you cant only get a free one if you have no intake mods done, mine failed and tried to get it fixed threw the dealer, they said it was covered, till they saw my intake.
                      .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                      225.94wtq
                      torque monster!!!!
                      dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                      http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                      http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

So just put the stock one back on before you go.
                        2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

yeah well i hacked mine up, like a dumb ass, like a year ago, so that wasnt gonna happen.
                          .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                          225.94wtq
                          torque monster!!!!
                          dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                          http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                          http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Originally posted by THEGOLDPRO
                            yeah well i hacked mine up, like a dumb ass, like a year ago, so that wasnt gonna happen.
                            You should try having them service your 1.6L DOHC Turbo engine. See what they say about that.

Comment

I didn't have warranty on my car to begin with, didn't buy it from a mazda dealership. So thanks but I'm happy with my way of doin things!!

Comment

Working...
                              X