gauges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gauges

sorry dont know much about this but i found a gtech pro competition meter, locally brand new still in plastic never used for $100 and they sell for $250 online. I know they read rpms, hp, tq, 1/8 & 1/4 mile, optimum shift points. didnt know if any of you guys ever used or owned one of this and if the $100 would be worth it...thanx again....if it wasnt for all you guys i dont think id still have my 323. "mad props" to all you guys out there.
    Que Tu Habla Willis

I don't think these thing are that accurate. Regardless, I recently saw some guy selling his for $45 so you can find them cheaper than $100. I am pretty sure that you can invest your money in something else, but if you've made up your mind already, I'll try to find that link.....maybe the guy still has his for sale...
    -------------------------
    '91 LX
    '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
    -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
    well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

i checked out they're website and they said if you enter in the correct weight, its very accurate
      Que Tu Habla Willis

Comment

but i also found an lx gauge cluster for $40 shipped
        Que Tu Habla Willis

Comment

LOL you checked "their" website..meaning its biased as fock to begin with.

These things are pretty damn inaccurate. User error is what ****s up the results the most. Most people who use them don't know jack about how they work, and how you ABSOLUTELY NEED to have them 10000% level to get anywhere near accurate results.

I had one of the older models. what I found astoundingly retarded about the design is the fact that AFTER you calibrate it, you have to press a button on the unit to activate the "go" so you can start the 1/4 mile run. Whats retarded is you are PRESSING ON THE UNIT to do this which will throw off its calibration. The suction cup bracket that attaches it to the windsheild is a peice of **** and very prone to allowing the unit to move back and forth.
          93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
          02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
          05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

Working...
          X