should i let it go ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

should i let it go ?

I bought this p5 on May of last year. I now have 8,100 miles on the clock. The only aftermarket part i put on this car is the tein lowering springs. KBB of this car is $15,600 if u buy it at the dealer and the private party value is $14,XXX. I owe this car $15,300 more. I want to sell it so that i can use the money to build me a a better 1st gen mazda 323 (JDM) i want to be able to compete on the show n race and making a monthly payment and buying aftermarket parts for the heavy p5 is not really a very good plan. So wut do u guys think? should i sell it or just keep it?

there it is my p5...

this is my 323 but im not putting the money here...I will be building me a better one.

I always like the more money option and too be able to do more with my car with more money......i like the p5's but dig the 323 as well......i would do whatever makes you happy and saves you money and all that good shiz........
    "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

I'd say, work on the other one. Thats more money and you can hook teh car up to what u want. Having a monthly payment and trying to hook up a car can be a burden(sp)

MP3 Strut Bar..Silver Stars..GoldLine Springs..Two 10 Inch Speakers..480 Watt Amp..Custom Voltage Meter..Ingen CAI..Bomz Axle Back Exhaust..Konigs Holes 17x7

Comment

What do you value more show or go?

The 323 will never look as good as that p5, but the p5 will never be as fast.
        Id go with the p5 just becuase its much sexier.

Comment

beauty is in the eye of the beholder the 323 could be the sexiest thing on earth to him. and that is all that matters

Comment

No offense intened, but if you are willing to sell one car to better another, your priorities are truely in the wrong place. Money is tight, desire is comprimised (why would you have purchased the P5), etc. Honestly, if I were you, I'd persue other matters.
            -Kevin
            -90 Miata 1- #80 CSP, '01 1.8L Swap w/ working VVT
            -90 Miata 2 - $2005/6/7 Turbocharged GRM Challenger
            -91 Tracer - $2008/9 AWD Converted Turbocharged Challenger
            -94 MX3 - #8 Hong Norrth LeMons/Chumpcar Racer
            -02.5 Protege5 - The Daily

Comment

sell the p5, hook up the 323, lighter, and sexier.
              .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
              225.94wtq
              torque monster!!!!
              dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
              http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
              http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

I would do whatever is best for you. If you can get what you owe on the Mazda then go for it. But Im not sure someone would want to fork out 15k for a used p5 when they can get a new car for that much. See what you can do with it, put the car up for sale...and if no one buys it well then your obvious answer is that you are stuck with your p5
                Sagaris

Comment

well monthly payments dont bother me, insurance is what fs me up the butt...400$ a month insurance is a bithc.....
                  2003 Mazda Protege LX
                  Laser Blue
                  www.cardomain.com/id/thejackyl
                  Old Car
                  1998 Kia Sephia LS
                  Custom Front Bumper, motegi gunmetal mr7s wrapped in Nitto 450 Xtremes, OBX exhaust, Custom CAI, CUstom interior

Comment

I know, i dont think anyone would buy my car for $15k that is y im not posting it. Its ok tho. i'll just deal with it for now but once i get my smog license then i'll be making decent $$$ until then Im stuck with my 5.

Comment

Well, you know that I have a protege and a 323.
                      My protege isn't as pretty as the p5, but it is faster. The thing is practicality. It's more practical than the 323 at times and you feal like you have much more room.

However I don't have a car payment. If I had a car payment and owed the same amount of money that you did. I would probably want to get rid of the protege.

In that sense I can say that it would make sense to get rid of the protege5. If you think about it. You are paying a car payment for a car that you don't even drive that often. It would be much better to not have a car payment + high insurance payment for this car, especially if you are not making the amount of money that you want to make.

Once you reach the position that you want to be in financially, then you can afford that move, if you even choose to do so.

I have 0 car payments for my 2 cars. I have to be honest, I like it better that way. Although I want a F150 so damn bad. I just don't want the car payment right now.

You have to just look at it as realistic as possible..

When I look at it realisticly, I don't see the point in paying for a car you rarely drive or use.
                      photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

i wish i had no payment, next year ill be payed off, thank god, thats assuming my car holds up another year.
                        .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                        225.94wtq
                        torque monster!!!!
                        dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                        http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                        http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

get an srt-4

Comment

i would, If only they last atleast more than 2 years but they dont.

Comment

how about this.............GET A BETTER JOB!!! you didnt go to collage for nothing.......

Comment

Working...
                              X