Advice on a 323

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice on a 323

well right now ive kinda decided taht i want to get a 323 and do a BP swap and lower it and all that good stuff..

i looked in my local paper and found a 1991 323 with 80K miles 5spd and it is grey( looks just like Bruce's, almost) i went and test drove it today and it runs good but the trans shifts really hard, it feels like when i dropped the trans in my car trying to shift the gears, but it doesnt grind and can shift thru all the gears, so iodnt know if that is bad? the brakes are a little weak but good. the exhaust sounds a little loud but not unbearable. the other problem is right over the drivers rear fender there is two, 3 inch long 1 1/2 rust holes. how bad do you think something like that would be to fix? something that will last, not bondo?

the guy is asking 1100 for it... i was thinking that if im just gonna swap out the engine anyways then it might not be that bad, but i odnt know how long i would have to go before that becomes an option

all comments welcome

Thanks
    Colin

Those the car have a clutch?
    323 trannys aren't that strong if the owner use to beat on it.
    I'll stay away

Comment

Originally posted by 323Foreword
      Those the car have a clutch?
      323 trannys aren't that strong if the owner use to beat on it.
      I'll stay away
      that kinda expensive if u ask me...i just bought a 323 also all it had was a beatup drivers side fender and door...and it runs fine..needs a tune up...but i got it for $400..u just gotta wait and be patient youll find something.

Comment

yeah i understand what you are guys are saying... it was a 2 owner car, this guy has had it for 3 months and before it was lady driven with all the records and everything... the clutch feels pretty good, just teh trans requires more force than i feel is necesssary to shift!

Comment

too much $$ for a rusted out 323

if you want 323 info, go here

and here for the forum
          If you don't like the way I drive, stay off the sidewalk

Comment

im thinking the price is a little steep also.. but it inst rusted out, the body is in excelent shape along with the paint job, just has the one wheel well... has anybody ever had a hole patched professionally and teh ballpark it could cost?

Comment

Originally posted by 323Rocket
              too much $$ for a rusted out 323

if you want 323 info, go here

and here for the forum
              http://www.mazda323performance.com/forum/index.php
              Bah, that site has like no info on the 323 and their forums are way less active than on here.

As for the 323 ur thinking of buyin......1100 sounds kinda high too. I just bought a 91 SE 5spd for $160 but the motor is blown.
              93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
              02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
              05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

Working...
              X