Air/Hydralic Ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air/Hydralic Ride

I was just wondering, does anyone out there have air or hydralic. the reason i ask cuz ive heard springs and coil over give you a pretty bumby ride, but i also heard going with something like air or hydralic can cost a pretty penny.

bags and hydro's are horrible rides, if you like bouncy constantly than do it , bags are alright but hydros are horrible. thats just my opinion after riding in cars and trucks with either or, i love my springs and that is what i would reccomend doing unless you wanna be able to bounce the car around with switches

Comment

my 2cents..

you don't want hydros!!trust me i had an 81 regal with 2 pumps & it was ROUGH!balljoints breaking,seals blowing,fluid leaking,& solenoids frying just to name a few problems.

Comment

Your looking to spend about 2500-3k on bags for better ride quality?

First off they ride on bags of air, that may sound like a pillow or a cushion but it's really quite bumpy and bouncy. A good coilover setup will do the opposite, and give your car stiff ride characteristics (In some cases, VERY stiff). You should try and find someone locally that has airbags on their car. Plus (Although I could be wrong, I don't think they have a bolt-in bag setup for proteges. So plan on cutting/fitting some things to get it installed right.

Comment

nope they dont have a bolt in bag setup or huydro setup, when we turn our strut and spring twist with our wheel, we would snap the hyydros and tear the bags apart, you can do air struts but they suck too.

Comment

Exactly, civics use the same setup. Special "air struts" are used so that you don't rip the bag. You hit it right on the head.

Long story short dude, you don't want bangs unless you plan on showing it off a LOT.
            Last edited by XLerate93; 05-25-2004, 08:57 AM.

Comment

thanks for all the info on that, helps me turn away from doing that. again thanks

Comment

Working...
              X