bruce or anyone with power locks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bruce or anyone with power locks

hey, i was pulling fuses out this morning cause i blew one puttin my HU in and it threw a CEL. the CEL's gone but you know how when you turn off the car and the locks automatically unlocks and when you turn on the car the locks automatically locks...well that feature's gone???all the fuses were fine, i think i might of reseted something, i also did the TEN and GND thing in the diagnosis box to check the CEL and the noise u hear when u leave ur headlights on without the key in the ignition stayed on even tho the headlgiht wasn't on....think u might know why i lost the feature? thanks guys

the DA

I have power locks and mine never locked/unlocked automatically.

Comment

nor have mine.
      You must be on crack??
      Ryan The middle child is always ignored
      BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
      Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

I had a 2001 VW Golf with automatic locks that locked when the speed exceeded ... 5-10mph, but I've never heard of a 2nd gen Protege doing that.

Comment

My does that but only because i have a Viper alarm system. Sometimes mine will screw up and i have to reset it with the lil button on the box.
          sigpic

Comment

Yeah, mine didn't do that until I got keyless. Now they just unlock when I turn the car off.

Comment

looks like my es has everything then well mine does that automatically...well not anymore is there a reset button for ours? mine came with factory keyless entry and alarm...it was really a nice feature and now it's not working...

the DA

Comment

Originally posted by midnightblue97
                You must be on crack??
                yes...i must be on crack

the DA

Comment

try resetting the computer?

Comment

I have a DX. the only thing power in my car is the engine.

the lock/unlock feature is usually an alarm related feature. You may have to check the alarm programing.
                    I would also say check your power door locks. Try and hit the switch and see if it will open and lock the doors. If not then check the fuse for the door locks.
                    photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

the keyless entry works...just not the auto lock/unlock....i actually didn't think of the alarm thing, i'll have to look for that and see if that could be reset or something. is there a relay from the ignition to the locks? maybe when i saw sparks that might of done somethin to the relay or such....maybe a haynes would help
                      Last edited by loserpunkx182; 05-23-2004, 11:44 PM.

the DA

Comment

I had a similar problem.. kinda... ever since I pulled off my door panels, I cant pull on the handle on the inside and it unlock and open, I have to unlock them before I pull the handle... I think it has to do with the thing where I turn my key to one side and hold it and it unlocks/locks all of the doors, something to do with that, prolly not but only thing I can think of....

Comment

Originally posted by loserpunkx182
                          the keyless entry works...just not the auto lock/unlock....i actually didn't think of the alarm thing, i'll have to look for that and see if that could be reset or something. is there a relay from the ignition to the locks? maybe when i saw sparks that might of done somethin to the relay or such....maybe a haynes would help
                          You saw sparks?
                          Then ground and positive may have touched somewhere in the car. You should check the fuses on the alarm brain and make sure they are good.
                          photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

yeah...wires touched and sparks...i knew i blew something but couldn't find a blown fuse...

anyone know where the alarm brain is? haha thanks

the DA

Comment

Originally posted by loserpunkx182
                              anyone know where the alarm brain is? haha thanks
                              Look under the dash. It's up there somewhere. Try to look for wires spliced into your ignition and follow them to "the brain" of the alarm.

Comment

Working...
                              X