yet another one from me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yet another one from me...

sorry for all the newbie questions but i did try the search and didn't come up with what i need...i'm trying to fit some fog lights in so i'm goin to take the front bumper off to do it....but, i dunno how to take off the front bumper hahah if anyone can give me instructions...maybe pics...that would rock...thanks

the DA

Well, first off, you need to remove the grill, the headlights. Then, you will need to remove some of the pop-up screws that attach wheel well linings to the bumper, and then go around the perimeter of the bumper to take off the necessary screws.
    "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

hmm...haha...all that just for fog lights...bruce, how did u get urs on? there's no pre drilled holes or anything

the DA

Comment

I had to cut a bit of my bumper cover to get them in there, but mine are also rather large. Drilled a couple holes to run the bolts through. There is a styrofoam thing behind the bumper cover too, I had to cut a little bit of that to give the bolts some clearance.
        In all it wasn't that complicated. Like turbo said, you've got to remove the grill, headlights and corners etc..........
        YOu've got a 95 if I'm correct?? Mine and turbo's are both 97/8 models, so there may be a few slight differences. Afterall , the second gens are the bastard children of the protege family.
        Ryan The middle child is always ignored
        BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
        Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Originally posted by midnightblue97
          Afterall , the second gens are the bastard children of the protege family.
          hahaha

yeah there isnt much space i can work with and i can't seem to drill a hole cause of the middle part of the bumper opening puts it at a weird angle.....i dunno, i'm sure i'll figure something out...after all, it's been done......oh yeah, i do have a 95

the DA

Comment

Originally posted by loserpunkx182
            hmm...haha...all that just for fog lights...bruce, how did u get urs on? there's no pre drilled holes or anything
            Well I didn't take the bumper off. I couldn't be bothered at the time. So I just used a drill with a long extension and drilled the screws and brackets in and then cut the bumper to fit the fog lights.

But taking the bumper off is easier.
            photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Working...
            X