alarm/power lock problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alarm/power lock problem

i forgot we had an electronics forum but i posted in general....i have a 95 es and having problems after installin my head unit...a feature from my alarm system doesn't work anymore... http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8343
    copy and pasted from other thread:

hey, i was pulling fuses out this morning cause i blew one puttin my HU in and it threw a CEL. the CEL's gone but you know how when you turn off the car and the locks automatically unlocks and when you turn on the car the locks automatically locks...well that feature's gone???all the fuses were fine, i think i might of reseted something, i also did the TEN and GND thing in the diagnosis box to check the CEL and the noise u hear when u leave ur headlights on without the key in the ignition stayed on even tho the headlgiht wasn't on....think u might know why i lost the feature? thanks guys

the DA

what brand and model alarm? the alarm may have just lost it's setting. Have you tried reprogramming the feature on the alarm to ON?

Are you SURE all the fuses are good? even up in the engine bay.

Are you SURE the headunit is installed correctly?

Did you use the Illumination wire?

Are the dash lights and dimmer still working properly?

What code did you get when you did the TEN & GRND? But wait, isn't the 95 an OBDII ECU? If so, then the TEN/GRND shouldn't work. You'd need an OBDII code grabber...

Comment

the name on the keyless entry remote says "pursuit" and there wasn't a name on the alarm/keyless entry..it came with the car when we got it

all fuses are good...even in the engine bay

HU is installed correctly

didn't use the illumination wire

dash and dimmer works

didn't get a code when doin the ten&grnd but after pulling every fuse out to check if it's blown the CEL went off...and it's still off so i guess nothing was wrong....we didn't get a manual for the alarm so i have no idea how to reprogram it...that would probably work too

the DA

Comment

Pursuit is made by Audiovox. If the unit itself has no model numbers, then i'm sure you could find a matching system by the remote.

By yanking all the fuses, you took power away from the alarm, so it most likely reverted back to it's default settings. It should just need to be re-programmed.

http://www.audiovox.com/webapp/wcs/s...ng=&productId=

edit: is this it?

http://www.audiovox.com/webapp/wcs/s...3920&langId=-1

Comment

yeah that's what i was thinkin...it reset the settings..the remote actually look like this
          it's so old hahah

the DA

Comment

damn manual says i have to consule a dealer

edit: hmm...i found the programming codes...jsut not sure how to get into the program mode haha...it's the PRO9842A ..remote looks different but got the same components
            Last edited by loserpunkx182; 05-27-2004, 12:50 AM.

the DA

Comment

well it seems like half the thing is dead...i tried turnin on the alarm today and it didn't go on...called up audiovox to learn how to get into programming mode...didn't work...half the brain must be fried....or something

the DA

Comment

Working...
              X