Mazdaspeed strut bar installation question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mazdaspeed strut bar installation question

Help... I'm a little stuck. I am having problems trying to figure out how the cruise control actuator bracket bolts up to the strut bar stay. My instructions don't give me a good enough picture to see what I am doing wrong. If someone could post a good close up picture of how theres is mounted it would be extremely helpful. Thanks.
    2003 Protege LX 2.0 (BJFP) Sport package (New motor at 24,885 miles on 5/26/05), 5 Speed. Black Mica.

Mods: Mazdaspeed front bumper/foglight conversion, Cold Air Intake w/ K&N filter, OBX header with sport muffler, Full Mazdaspeed suspension with 5-lug/ 4-disc conversion and Racing Beat upgraded sway-bars, "E" level bushing kit, 2.25 inch trimmed Sprint Performance lowering springs, Mazdaspeed strut tower brace, smoked tails, Short shifter, Corksport clutch hose, black pearl emblem kit, Silverstar headlights, and limo tint

Future mods include: DGM carbon fiber grille and air dam, 2003 Mazdaspeed spoiler and side sills, Corksport full exhaust, grounding kit and then hmmm...turbo?

Does this help?
    Attached Files
    Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Thank you for the prompt reply. I still can't quite see how the actuator bracket bolts up. My kit came with a new actuator bracket but it is exactly like the stock one, only it doesn't have the bottom fork piece on it. I'm baffled. I read the instructions soooo many times but it simply states to "place cruise control actuator onto the remaining 6mm studs on the strut bar stay." If I were to jam the actuator down to the bottom studs (which I don't even think line up with the holes in the bracket) the cruise cable would pull at an extreme upward angle. Thank you again for your help.
      2003 Protege LX 2.0 (BJFP) Sport package (New motor at 24,885 miles on 5/26/05), 5 Speed. Black Mica.

Mods: Mazdaspeed front bumper/foglight conversion, Cold Air Intake w/ K&N filter, OBX header with sport muffler, Full Mazdaspeed suspension with 5-lug/ 4-disc conversion and Racing Beat upgraded sway-bars, "E" level bushing kit, 2.25 inch trimmed Sprint Performance lowering springs, Mazdaspeed strut tower brace, smoked tails, Short shifter, Corksport clutch hose, black pearl emblem kit, Silverstar headlights, and limo tint

Future mods include: DGM carbon fiber grille and air dam, 2003 Mazdaspeed spoiler and side sills, Corksport full exhaust, grounding kit and then hmmm...turbo?

Comment

It looks like they sent you the wrong bracket. If you had the correct one, it should be pretty straightforward going in there. Where'd you order it from? I had the same problem at Mazdastuff.com but they promptly sent me the correct bracket.
        Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Oh, you may want to read this version of the installation instructions, it's a lot clearer than the blurred out junk they include w/ the bar:

Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

That's it.... The installation instructions you sent me are SO much better than the instructions that mine came with. The bracket that mine came with is totally different than the one in the instructions. The part number tag did have the same number, but it must have been mismarked. Thank you so much!

Comment

Not a problem.
              Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

ahhh, another case of ****ed up parts sent from mazdastuff on the strut bars....i gotta say, i love their service there, and they are very prompt to get your order to you, but they really need to figure out the strut bar problem, cause this is the umpteenth time it has happened...
                2000 DX, Blue
                Eibach Pro-Kit, MSP Struts, 16" Kosei's on Honkook Ventus HR-II's(205-45-16), MSP Exhaust, Injen CAI, MSP Strut Tower Bar, NGK Wires
                2 JL Audio 10w3-d4's in a sealed box, Rockford 500s amp, 2 6x9 Pioneer Premier 4-ways, 2 6x8 Kenwood Excelon 3-ways, Rockford 301x amp, Pioneer Premier DEH-P650, Dynamat in some fun places.....

Comment

ditto...
                  when I received my kit, they sent me two of the new brackets. So if anyone needs one, and have one.
                  Patrick
                  SOLD--->'03 Sunlight Silver Metallic ES

Comment

Working...
                  X