80,000 and counting...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

80,000 and counting...

Well I hit 80,000 miles today! It was a good feeling that the ol' pro is doing so great and has kept me happy for this long. The only bad part about hitting the 80,000 mark was that I didn't have my seat belt on at the time.... and a cop was sitting right there waiting... He pulled me over.... asked if I knew what "Click It or Ticket" was... I said yes (wearing my seat belt all of a sudden) and to my surprise.... He knew me from somewhere....and said I guess since I know you I will let you off with a warning. Man, i never get breaks when it comes to tickets..... Just wish I knew who he was! Oh well.... I guess all cops aren't too bad.

I hit 80,000 last week...right before I crashed it Ran great too. All I had to do was change the coil over my #2 cyl and it ran like the day I drove her off the lot.
    Sagaris

Comment

Dude you didn't know that it was "Click it or Ticket" week? It was in the News Argus, online at least. I never forget to but my seatbelt on, except when getting some FLCL action....
      <-why i can't fix my car

http://www.revtvguam.com
      AFwestPunk's AutoJam Imagestation photo album! You better have High speed internet!

Comment

i hit 40k yesterday! and... yeah.. it was pretty uneventful. :D i need an oil change now.
        -mike lucero
        1988 Mazda 323 GTX
        2001 Isuzu Rodeo

Comment

I DO NOW!!! I heard it twice on the radio on the way to get some smokes. Wish I would have known before... Oh well as long as I didnt get the ticket... it's cool. Oh and by the way... almost got popped again at the light... cop was sitting there staring at me...couldnt figure out why he was staring at me.... the I thought... ****... my seatbelt....luckily he was in the turning lane to the left of me and all he could do was smile.

Comment

40,000???? You must drive in reverse a lot...hahaha... that's cool... wish mine had that many miles!

Comment

Originally posted by sLoPrO2k
              I DO NOW!!! I heard it twice on the radio on the way to get some smokes. Wish I would have known before... Oh well as long as I didnt get the ticket... it's cool. Oh and by the way... almost got popped again at the light... cop was sitting there staring at me...couldnt figure out why he was staring at me.... the I thought... ****... my seatbelt....luckily he was in the turning lane to the left of me and all he could do was smile.
              <-why i can't fix my car

http://www.revtvguam.com
              AFwestPunk's AutoJam Imagestation photo album! You better have High speed internet!

Comment

Originally posted by sLoPrO2k
                40,000???? You must drive in reverse a lot...hahaha... that's cool... wish mine had that many miles!
                i always thought i drove a lot when i worked like 26 miles away. then i realized everyone else had like twice as many miles as me. and realized my job wasnt that far. now i have two cars, and i work about 7 miles away. the miles don't rack up at all now. except on the 323... cuz i drive like a maniac in that car. :D
                -mike lucero
                1988 Mazda 323 GTX
                2001 Isuzu Rodeo

Comment

I'm at 77,000ish on my 99 LX right now.
                  Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

I hit 91,000 and its going up fast. I wish I had another car. That would be the life. A hooked up on and a casual driving one. Well ... since money doesn't grow on trees I might as pop that bubble.
                    ED
                    '05 6s 3.0L MT & '98 Pro DX 1.5L AT

Mazda Enthusiast Club Member
                    Click for my CarDomain page

2nd Gen Protege Parts Catalog project in progress
                    WTB: Gray 97/98 Protege Cupholder and Door Trim

Comment

im 45k?!?!
                      George "Dubya" Bush Diary

Comment

yeah im above 88k now, she still runs like the day i got her. just faster now. remember guys loose is fast, lol
                        .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                        225.94wtq
                        torque monster!!!!
                        dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                        http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                        http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Everyone remember that your federal emmissions warranty will expre at 80,000 miles. And the mazda dealers are very strict on this! I got mine in at 79,400 and luckily too because I needed a new Cat. The O2 sensors though they said were fine. I also had a broken tie rod (if I remember right) I had just bought the car and had it in to get checked out.
                          Coming soon...
                          http://www.jonkinney.com/protegeES

Comment

lol, i got my car 4 years ago exactly one week away from today, and i will be passing the 100k mark sometime before that day. Not one major problem that was cause to take to the dealer or one accident (knock on wood) Best choice i ever made. Now if I could just find a girl as dependable.
                            According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

and um, by the way, o2 sensors are still kickin.

replaced Clutch about 85k or so
                              stabilizer bar endlinks
                              struts
                              front brakes 3 times, rear once
                              all the rest of the pm stuff, like timingbelt plugs wires etc.
                              next on the agenda is a leaky front seal
                              According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Working...
                              X