Air in Master Cylinder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air in Master Cylinder?

Why is my car such a pain in the arse at times? My friend Brandon and I installed my new SS lines/bled my brakes today, doing everything by the book and my pedal still has so much loose play. We didn't let the master cylinder run dry, I didn't let go of the pedal while the bleeder screw was open, and we did each brake about ten times just to make sure all the air was out.

I called my friend Kevin up, and he was saying it may be some air in the master cylinder. Sounds like it could be the problem, because this all started happening ever since the fire. A new master cylinder had to be ordered, perhaps they let some air in or something.

Other than that, the car stops fine. If the slack was let up and I could have some more pedal travel, the car would be able to stop on a dime. Right now, there's so little actual "braking travel", that it hits the floor way before the caliper has gripped onto the rotor all the way. Or at least that's what it feels like to me.

Oh, by the way, the Corksport SS lines seem to be pretty damn nice for the price. They are wrapped with plastic on top of the metal for even more protection against rust and ****. My old Technafit lines didn't have these, and on one of my rears, a rather large tear was forming along the brake line itself.
    Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Problem's fixed. It ended up being the brake booster being totally out of spec.
    Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Working...
    X