Lotus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lotus

So my motor trend just arrived today. . . it has a very good write-up on the new Lotus Elise being imported. With all the praise about the lightweight chassis and smaller motor, it made me appreciate my car. I like the tossability and responsiveness that comes with having a lightweight car paired with an engine that's neither too small nor too big. I think I had more fun driving today than I have since I bought the protege. Just felt the need to share.

I would love to have an Elise. I don't think anything can touch its handling.
    Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

"The Elise is, by most reasonable measures, the best-handling car you can buy today." MT June 2004
      you know. . . the second I have the $45K that it would end up costing. . . eh, who am I kidding?

Comment

i saw the review on tv about it, cool car, they were raping it on the track, thing was awesome.
        .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
        225.94wtq
        torque monster!!!!
        dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
        http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
        http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

lotus's are sweet, but im content w/ my MR2. they're compared alot, but the lotus always wins. im a simple, broke man i guess.
          i hate being broke!

Comment

Yeah, they are a bit pricey. . .

Comment

cloth top convertable correct? i forget what i had exactly seen on the show, but needless to say, i saw a car that would be a dream to drive with absolutely NO foot room

Comment

The MT review said the ergonomics were actually pretty good, and theres a $4900 Removable hardtop option.

Comment

Originally posted by darkangel
                  lotus's are sweet, but im content w/ my MR2. they're compared alot, but the lotus always wins. im a simple, broke man i guess.

beyond mid-engined, i don't see a comparison...

maybe the new Spyder and an Elise...that'd be closer, but still quite a bit overweight.
                  "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
                  -93 MR2, 129 ES
                  ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
                  Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

Originally posted by JesseSays
                    beyond mid-engined, i don't see a comparison...

maybe the new Spyder and an Elise...that'd be closer, but still quite a bit overweight.
                    My friend sent me a video (one of those japanese option videos) that has an MRS with the 2zz engine (I believe the same as the Elise coming here, though it could be the 1zz I guess) and it was a wicked trackmonger.
                    Dan
                    dreesemonkey

Comment

One of the cars I plan to own someday.... However, right now I think the superior handling would be wasted on me. Also I can't afford it.
                      ~Mar.

Now say it with me... B-R-A-K-E.

Good job!

Comment

Working...
                      X