new box finally done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new box finally done

ok, i finished my box, and WOW the lows got louder, and the mid bass is a TON more:p: it doesn't drop quite as low, by about 2 hz, but i'm not too worried about hitting 20 hz with a 10 my old box sounded good up to about 80-90 hz. this one is great up to about 120 hz i used my pantera CD's to adjust the low pass x-over, which used to be at 80 hz, and now i set it up to 120 hz:p: now i'm trying to decide if i even need a set of 8's wait, yes i do, just to have them:p: i still have a bit more adjusting to do on the mids and highs, but the sub rocks

Did you go with a center console box? Got any pics? Or is this the box with the Brahma sub in it? It will be interesting to hear how much louder it is and what the SPL is. It was already loud as ****!! You have to share your traumatic experience with your fellow AA brothers :p:
    2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
    KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
    Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
    Groundkit

Comment

Never mind, I just saw your How To and the pics there. Amazing what you did there! :p: You are tha mastah of box building Daniel Son! Can't wait to hear that sucker when you come back to Charleston! Maybe you should hold up on my box in case I want to do something similar!! No, I would be happy with a ported one for overall SQ and SPL. I know that the 6th order is primarily SPL. The old one sounded killer! I can't wait to hear the new one!

Groundkit

Comment

actually 6th order bandpasses are SQ boxes 4th order BP's are more known for SPL. course 6th order and up can really net some high SPL when properly tuned i've heard that you can get up to 18 dB increase over sealed with an 8th order BP box

Comment

here is a pic of a 8th order

http://www.geocities.com/f4ier/subsim8BP1.htm
          Last edited by walight01; 09-20-2003, 01:26 PM.
          '02 classic red p5
          currently enrolled in AA.

Comment

Originally posted by walight01
            what the hell is a 8th order bp
            it's a 6th order BP firing into another ported chamber big as ****, but when properly done can yeild huge gains bose holds the patent to it, and i haven't been able to find much info about them anywhere

click home entertainment products, then learning center, then accoustimass technology, then the solution.
            Last edited by blue LEDz; 09-20-2003, 01:45 PM.

Comment

check out this program. http://www.pvconsultants.com/audio/boxmodel/subsim.htm
              '02 classic red p5

Comment

check out this program. http://www.pvconsultants.com/audio/boxmodel/subsim.htm
                trying to download it right now looks promising did you see the 2 types of 6th order BP's?

Comment

it looks like the second 6th order is a simplidied 8th order bp
                  '02 classic red p5

Comment

Too bad winning SPL contests isn't raisings some eyebrows on Adire's part! I see they have a section of installs and awards that people have won with their products. You should be in there soon!

Groundkit

Comment

it looks like the second 6th order is a simplidied 8th order bp
                      a combination of the 2 it's not a very user friendly program, like winISD

Comment

Also, too bad you can't get 2- 12's in a 6th order BP box to fit a Pro trunk. I guess you could if you took the rear seats out! Just hope you don't need your spare! I wouldn't mind making a false floor and storing amps and such there and dress it up nicely, but then I wouldn't have access to my spare.

Groundkit

Comment

i could do it, but each sub wouldn't be getting as much air as i'd like them to

Comment

Originally posted by blue LEDz
                            it's a 6th order BP firing into another ported chamber big as ****, but when properly done can yeild huge gains bose holds the patent to it, and i haven't been able to find much info about them anywhere

click home entertainment products, then learning center, then accoustimass technology, then the solution.
                            bose really pisses me off at times its really neat the things they have found and how awesome it sounds.
                            '02 classic red p5

Comment

I was at one of their outlet stores in Myrtle Beach, SC and heard the Bose Wave radio and wasn't all that impressed (esp. considering how much it costs)!! They do have inovated technology on how they make speakers. I have heard some nice ones anywhere from their inexpensive bookshelf spkrs. to their higher end stuff. A girl I dated owned a 2002 Nissan Altima with the bose system, and it had to be the best sounding factory stereo I have encountered. I haven't heard Lexus' yet and their **** is or at least was Nakamichi.

Groundkit

Comment

Working...
                              X