azenis vs ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

azenis vs ???

I like to drag race on my car. I dont want anything for the suspension just want it to go fast on a straight line. I sacrifice the looks of my car by changing my 15" rota grid to 14" miata wheels just because of the weight difference.
    I noticed that the frickin' azenis weighs a ton and evenw/ a light rims the wheel combo still ends up heavy. Here's my question. Where can i buy tires that is similar to the azenis. I heard of this 195/45/14 i forgot the brand but it cost $80+ a piece but weighs alot less than the azenis and is grippy too.
    If u know any brand that works as grippy as the azenis w/ a good tread life please let me know thx!

check out AutoX R compound tires kumho

or the yokohama A320

Q

Comment

read this
      photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

the new Fuzions are abt that price...and really have good grips on them as i have heard...

Comment

actually, id goto a set of lightweight 15s and the 205/50 Azenis. I think you'd pickup a bit off the launch.

also, dial in negative camber in the rear to reduce contact patch, and zero it out in the front. also, put the least bit of toe in, in the front, so when you accelerate, the natural forces will push it to zero, keeping drag to a minimum.

widest 15" wheel you can find with a good weight is what youre looking for
          "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
          -93 MR2, 129 ES
          ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
          Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

Originally posted by JesseSays
            actually, id goto a set of lightweight 15s and the 205/50 Azenis. I think you'd pickup a bit off the launch.

also, dial in negative camber in the rear to reduce contact patch, and zero it out in the front. also, put the least bit of toe in, in the front, so when you accelerate, the natural forces will push it to zero, keeping drag to a minimum.

widest 15" wheel you can find with a good weight is what youre looking for
            You know he drives his car every day... How long would the tires last ?

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

i have azenis and i get the same 60-fts i did with the A520s. i just bought two Heliums and i'm going to try some mickey thompsons.
              13.66@102

Comment

yeah, the heliums would prolly be the best for the price, I want to pick up a set myself, but don't have the cash.

Comment

Heliums are nice, but not as nice as my Enkei RPF1s that weigh in at 9.5lbs a rim
                  13.66@102

Comment

what's the price difference?

Comment

Originally posted by 95ProLeila
                      what's the price difference?
                      A frigin LOT

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

SSR Comps would be even lighter...

:shrug:

IIRC, the Heliums are only 6.5" wide... not ideal.
                        -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

I thought azenis were bad for drag. Marcin used to say it was the reason for one of his trannies blowing, massive wheel hop, because the sidewalls are so stiff. I thought for drag you want a softer sidewall and lower the pressure. I dunno, I'm probably spouting crap, but correct me if I'm wrong.
                          00 dakota 4x4
                          90 crx si - ls/vtec

Comment

well, a real drag radial or slick would be better....but not everyone wants to go that direction.
                            -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

Originally posted by JesseSays
                              IIRC, the Heliums are only 6.5" wide... not ideal.
                              have you seen what's available in 205/50R15?

Comment

Working...
                              X