caliper paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

caliper paint

what kind of paint do i use to paint my calipers? engine paint or just regular paint?? or is there special paint i need?
    91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.
    Powered by MegaSquirt I PCB3, Tuned by Lex

More Information

Autozone sells a specific caliper paint, $7.99 a can its 900 degrees, I used a can of 1200 degree engine paint that worked great and it cost $3.99 a can

DaPro
    94 Protege DX SOHC 1.8l 5 Speed
    (DaPro)

its better to wait and save then to waste money on crap to get you by....

Comment

Originally posted by redfox
      what kind of paint do i use to paint my calipers? engine paint or just regular paint?? or is there special paint i need?
      Check out G2 Brake Caliper Paint kit available at :
      02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
      MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
      MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
      Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
      MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
      Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
      Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
      Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
      Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
      Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
      Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
      Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
      Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

You want to use high temp paint, don't use regular paint -- the calipers get hot. The engine paint they sell at wallmart or auto zone should work just fine, that's what i used. It's like $3 - $4 a can.
        2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

i have a can of 300degree red paint any idea of if it will work?
          Powered by MegaSquirt I PCB3, Tuned by Lex

More Information

Comment

i'd imagine you;d wanna go a little higher than that just to be sure, anything worth doing is worth doing right. get the walmart or autozone stuff
            Serenity's Dead.

Comment

Originally posted by DaPro
              Autozone sells a specific caliper paint, $7.99 a can its 900 degrees, I used a can of 1200 degree engine paint that worked great and it cost $3.99 a can
              Like it was stated before, they sell a specific paint for the calipers that is rated 900 degrees, so that right there says you should go with paint 900 or more degree rateing....
              94 Protege DX SOHC 1.8l 5 Speed
              (DaPro)

its better to wait and save then to waste money on crap to get you by....

Comment

You def need high heat paint. I think the diff between the expensive caliper paint and high heat engine paint is mainly the finish... the 1200f engine paint won't look as shiny as the real caliper paint. hence the price diff.
                -Dave

Comment

I used caliper paint that I bought for about $7 a can. Have had the calipers painted for about 2 years now and the finish hasn't faded at all. I think it's made by Plasticote, which you should be able to buy at your local Autozone or Pepboys.
                  -------------------------
                  '91 LX
                  '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
                  -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
                  well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

The G2 system is a complete kit containing the paint, brake cleaner spray, mixing cup and stirrer and an application brush. That's one of the reasons it's more expensive than the other alternatives.

02 DX Millenium Red
                    02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
                    MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
                    MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
                    Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
                    MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
                    Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
                    Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
                    Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
                    Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
                    Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
                    Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
                    Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
                    Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

damn its wierd 2 hear people recomend walmart for stuff for a car lol

Comment

lol last time i went to walmart they were over run in there "huge car audo section" with mexicans HAHA.....some guy spend like 400 on stero stuff and i was changing my oil in the parking lot when he got it hooked up and it sounded like absolute ****, lol and the best part is, i had my subs off and had more bass then his walmart 12's HAHAHA