Variable intermitant wipers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Variable intermitant wipers.

I remember some talk about this before but can't seem to find any **** about it.
    Anybody tried it on a second gen?? If I'm not mistaken people have before, but not sure which years/models. I think they used a witch from a 626. I saw one at the junkyard today (95-98ish?) that had the variable wiper switch. There are probably a few more in there. I would have picked it up regardless, but I didn't have a steeringwheel puller.
    So my question, is the 626 infact the one I should be looking for??
    Besides a steering wheel puller, is there anything else I need besides just some misc. screwdrivers, sockets and so on??
    Last but not least, can it just plug and play? Or do I need to cut and splice anything??
    Ryan The middle child is always ignored
    BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
    Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

wow ur car doesnt have this? try a kia sephia, they all have that stock.
    find it, **** it, forget it

Comment

I was just about to post this question
      Anyway , have anyone has intermitant switch in their scond gens ? I remember seeing one for protege5 , may that work ?
      98 protege LX for appearance
      89 626 GT for performance

Comment

Originally posted by russian
        I was just about to post this question
        Anyway , have anyone has intermitant switch in their scond gens ? I remember seeing one for protege5 , may that work ?
        Thus far it seems like I have no reason to go to the junkyard next weekend.
        Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Mine is the top level model from 97 (LX Touring edition), and didn't have it. AFAIK there was only an ES model in Canada in 98. I like to think that I notice every second gen on the road/highway, and have never seen one myself.
          Maybe they didn't sell that many.

Comment

there's one ES in the falls , beige colour. I've seen it sometimes at Timmis on Thorold stone & Montrose . Next time I'll see it , I'll check if it has intermitant or not. If it does, then I'm gonna find out where this car gonna be parked overnite
            never seen those on LX models, and I don't think there're any. Mine is 98 LX with all the feateres, but doesn't have intermitant .

Comment

Originally posted by TheMAN
              why don't you just keep it simple and drive to buffalo, find a junk yard there, and get one off a pro there?
              Yes, it would be simple, should be simple, can be simple.
              But Russian is not yet a Canadian Citizen and IIRC due to spelling differences on his Passport, and driver's license There may be issues with him crossing the border.
              I on the otherhand, am fine to cross the border however, there are certain illegal things in my car which would cause issues with border authorities. I can always clean them out, yes but apparently there is a spray of some sort that is used which can detect even the residue of a certain intoxicating chemical which is in these "products" which I use and would result in a thorough dismantling of my car to find it by said authorities.
              My uncle lives in Williamsville, I suppose I could get him to look.

Comment

why don't you just drive momma's car?
                Mlahaha!!!
                Mom and dad don't let me drive their car anymore now that I have my own.
                I'll see if my uncle can get me one.

Comment

so in the states ES and LX should have those , right ? I guess mine is just a really weird one LX without this feature
                  Last edited by russian; 06-03-2004, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Found this at corksport. Click link, go to page 2. $72. E-spec wiper

corksport intermediate wiper
                    Attached Files
                    My MAM SS Kit Install Thread | Gauge Customization kit - LEDs, icons, more! Sample:

Replacement Stainless Steel Hex Screws for your AWR swaybar! now 19mm AND 21.5mm!

99 ES 1.8 | Highlight Silver Metallic | shaved mouldings | DaveB's Brushed Gauge Rings | Llumar Tint charcoal 35 side, 20 rear; smoked mirror 18 moonroof | clear corners
                    JVC deck w/ Infinity Reference 5x7s and 6x9s, XM Radio via Custom Mount Delphi SkyFi | Rage Vigors 17x7 metal | Potenza RE750 215/40 rubber | Espilir springs
                    AWR 21.5mm Sway Bar w/adjustable endlinks & Trailing Links & Front/Rear Engine Mounts | Custom Fiberglass hood from Maz1.8T | 626 Wiper Stalk

C-17 Pilot--Jonathan--ProTuner

Comment

i just bought one, in fact. I'll post the results. Probably a how-to as well.
                      My MAM SS Kit Install Thread | Gauge Customization kit - LEDs, icons, more! Sample:

Replacement Stainless Steel Hex Screws for your AWR swaybar! now 19mm AND 21.5mm!

99 ES 1.8 | Highlight Silver Metallic | shaved mouldings | DaveB's Brushed Gauge Rings | Llumar Tint charcoal 35 side, 20 rear; smoked mirror 18 moonroof | clear corners
                      JVC deck w/ Infinity Reference 5x7s and 6x9s, XM Radio via Custom Mount Delphi SkyFi | Rage Vigors 17x7 metal | Potenza RE750 215/40 rubber | Espilir springs
                      AWR 21.5mm Sway Bar w/adjustable endlinks & Trailing Links & Front/Rear Engine Mounts | Custom Fiberglass hood from Maz1.8T | 626 Wiper Stalk

Comment

are 99 and 95-98 using the same switch?

Comment

‍‍
                          Oh my ****,
                          That desert eagle part almost made me choke on the freezie that I'm eating.

Comment

I believe the protege FAQ addresses this very issue. Take a look for details, but I believe it said to get the stalk and control module from an MX-6 of the same year range (94-98). The module and the stalk are 2 separate units unlike ours, which is all in the stalk. I get the impression that the stalk will bolt right up, but you have to find a place to mount the module. In any case, take a look, he's even got the part numbers.

Comment

ouch. oops.

Comment

Working...
                              X