BP MPG vastly better than Z5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BP MPG vastly better than Z5

I recently tested how many MPG i would get out of 1/4 a tank. Half of it was freeway upwards of 80mph and the other half was heavy acceleration and some normal. Even some of that quarter was race.. It amazed me when i looked at my trip meter and it was at 82 miles at the end of the quarter of a tank! 82 * 4=328 miles on a tank!!!! I dont know how on earth the gas milage is this much better but i remeber testing my Z5 and got something like 225-275. How in the hell can this be?! My only guess is that in my z5, just to get up to 45 in a reasonable amount of time i had to floor it, now in my BP i can go 1/4 throttle and get to 45 in less time than the z5. Z5 econocar my ass. Screw mazda for ever making such a thing. I hate it for all you z5ers getting worse gas milage and even worse performance. Death to the Z5. . .
    sigpic

Watch out though, my car goes about 2/3 of the total miles in the tank before the gauge says it's at half a tank. Calculate the full tank or it's not necessarily accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by OCD-SPEED
      ...now in my BP i can go 1/4 throttle and get to 45 in less time than the Z5.
      This is my favorite part. Screw gas mileage!
      I'm sooo looking forward to the swap...

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder
        This is my favorite part. Screw gas mileage!
        I'm sooo looking forward to the swap...
        Good thing you picked a time to do the swap when gas is so cheap...

But that's ok, I want a turbo.

Comment

What's sad is gas isn't gonna get cheaper.

Comment

my petrol tank will give me about 200miles for the first 3/4 of the tank, then i would also get areound 80-90miles from the last 1/4 its quite inaccurate i have to drive like an absolute pussy 2get over 300miles from a full tank! see what you get from a full tank then see how good(or bad) it really is.

Aaron

Comment

I get about 30 mpg mixed city/freeway driving like my hair is on fire :-P

Comment

I just clocked it yesterday... I had a fairly even mix of city/highway driving for the last tank, I used the AC for about a quarter of it, and got 24 mpg for the whole thing. That really sucks.

Comment

At least you arent driving an excursion or something crazy like that, then you'd be getting like 11 mpg freeway

Comment

I just drove across Canada in my '97 SE and averaged around 41MPG , cost me $135 at approx. $0.83 a litre to go from Halifax to Calgary...

Comment

Whoa, and you registered just to tell us that?!?! lol
                      Welcome to the boards.

Comment

on 100% highway, with one person in the car i get 435 miles per tank

on 40% city, 60% highway i get 373 miles per tank

on 100% city i get 310 miles per tank

and thats conservative driving at all times...

Comment

I don't see why anyone talks in number of miles you get on a tank. It's not like you drive until there isn't a drop of gas left in your tank. See how many miles you drive, and divide that number by the number of gallons you put back in your tank. It's not a complicated process. In my automaic 98 LX, without the air on, windows all the way down, I got 39 mpg from Sarasota, FL to Atlanta.

For city driving, I usually put the pedal to the floor at every light and get it up to 4-4.5 K rpms. With that driving, all city, I can sometimes muster 26 mpg.

Comment

I don't know why you got such terrible mileage in your protege (z5) OCD, but in my z5 with 13 inch wheels I would clock a max of 320 miles (give or take 10-20 miles) for full tank. I was getting in excess of 30 mpg on the highway and above 20 mpg in the city. (averaged ofcourse).

My BP actually gets worse gas mileage than my z5 (with 16 inch wheels). At this point I get about 230 to 250 mpg. Ofcourse this is with the same modification and the intake filter is dirty. I have noticed that when I don't hot foot the car and take it easy I do get better mileage.

I have not measured the amount of gas-mileage lately, because I am constantly switching between the 323 and the protege. (week to week, or whichever has more gas).
                            photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

250 MPG??
                              Goddam.
                              Every fill up I usuall write down how many KM are on my trip odometer on the receipt. I've been doing that for probably a year but I've been too goddam lazy to figure any of it out.
                              Ryan The middle child is always ignored
                              BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
                              Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Working...
                              X