speedo problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

speedo problem

well, i was driving down the street, just chillin, and i look down at my speedo to tell how fast i was going, because i was coming into a 25mph area and i had just looked at my speedo like 3 seconds before, and it reads 0mph.

i pulled over and look at my speedo gear. it was still connected into the tranny and it hadn't come apart or anything. and i tried twisting that connector on the cable (guess it adjusts it either way, something like that.) and it still didn't change anything.

i don't really want to have to buy a new one, cuz they are 80, but if i really have to then i could.

now the big question is that i have a 93 LX automatic parts car at home. and i'm pretty sure, not totaly sure, that the speedo cable is still good on it. i was wondering if the LX auto cable could fit onto a LX 5spd car?

(i want to know for sure, because if i am wrong, then that means that i just drove like 10 hours home and back for nothing)
    Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

I have never seen the at speed cable. Just place one beside the other. Is not rocket science to remove the one from your car. After takin the cable out, rotate it on one of the tips, obviously the other side is suppose to rotate, do it disconnected from the cluster so you can see the the square tip. If it turns, try it connected to the cluster, then see if the speedometer moves. Or try a small flat head screwdriver and insert it inside the cluster speedometer, it is suppose to rotate. If everything is still ok, then the speedometer itself (the part that goes into the gear housing) is bad.

Comment

ok, thanks, i'll do that
      Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

ive broken 3 speedo cables
        Serenity's Dead.

Comment

Working...
        X