Springs/Shocks Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Springs/Shocks Question

This summer I want to drop my car...what should I really be looking for...like what type of springs/shocks...etc...where should i start??

www.floridamazdaclub.com

Protege is going back to stock...its time for a change...she will be traded in soon.

For Sale:
    4 17" exel TZ 7 rims w/2 good tires (other 2 need to be replaced) -- $150

Are you looking to do coil-over's or just lowering springs?

Comment

lowering springs....

www.floridamazdaclub.com

Protege is going back to stock...its time for a change...she will be traded in soon.

For Sale:
      4 17" exel TZ 7 rims w/2 good tires (other 2 need to be replaced) -- $150

Comment

Eibach has a couple of kits out..the Pro-line or Sport-line. I have Intrax and am pretty pleased with them, but i will probablly get Teins later on.....Depends on how much of a drop you want too...
        "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

yeah, springs can get you anywhere from ~1.5" to 2.5" just be sure to get good struts

Comment

What brand of strut would you or anyone else recommend???
            94 Protege DX SOHC 1.8l 5 Speed
            (DaPro)

its better to wait and save then to waste money on crap to get you by....

Comment

I've heard good things about KYB GR-2's, I have a set sitting in my garage (as per my sig) but I've heard if you're going to be dropping more than 1.5" that they aren't the struts to go with. Cork sport is a good place to start (although I'm not sure you'd want to buy from them) the Tokico struts are supposed to be good, and Mazdaspeed adj struts are also good.

edit: the year of the car is going to dictate the options, from there it's just a matter of how much you want to spend, if it were me, and I had the extra cash, I'd be getting the MS struts
              Last edited by 95ProLeila; 05-31-2004, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PRican_Angel
                This summer I want to drop my car...what should I really be looking for...like what type of springs/shocks...etc...where should i start??
                read edwin's FAQ for a list of available parts for the 3rd gen:

'04 Titanium RX-8

Comment

If you do more than a 2" drop, get a camber kit too. Also, shocks for extreme drops are kinda expensive, and theres better ways to increase handling. The AWR rear swaybar with adjustable endlinks makes my car handle like a go-cart.... now i just need a front swaybar, but can't find one anywhere.
                  2002 Protege LX
                  ] Eibach Pro Springs [] Tokico HP shocks [] AWR rear swaybar [] PIAA Super Plasma GT-X [] custom CAI [] 30% all-around tints [] 17" Flik Wasps / Kumho Ecsta 711 tires [] APC Eurotails [

Comment

Working...
                  X