15.9 @ 82mph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

15.9 @ 82mph

I snuck into the High school drags today and pulled a best of 15.93@82.49mph. So I guess Id be the 2nd fastest n/a protege in America right? I need better tires and clutch, and I think I could get it down to a 15.5. My R/T was almost perfect....got that bitch down! Oh and the track was 7800ft.

Reaction Time - .062 (almost perfect)
    sixty foot - 2.13
    Eat ****.

Originally posted by 91ProtegeLX
    I snuck into the High school drags today and pulled a best of 15.93@82.49mph. So I guess Id be the 2nd fastest n/a protege in America right? I need better tires and clutch, and I think I could get it down to a 15.5. My R/T was almost perfect....got that bitch down! Oh and the track was 7800ft.

Reaction Time - .062 (almost perfect)
    sixty foot - 2.13
    kick-ass man. And your 2.13 60' is awesome, don't worry about your tires. You're hooking up, especially for running a 15.9. You ran faster than my last time out though. Didn't you already run a 15.8 though?

Awesome R/T too. I ran an .025 yesterday. Worst of the day was .199.

Comment

My 15.8 wasnt on an official drag track, it was on a 1/4 road with a Gtech. So it wasnt that accurate. I was pretty suprised by my sixty time to cuz it was on some crappy road hugger tires. Next time...
      Eat ****.

Comment

rob rana 15.8 plus ive seen another video of an all motor pro running a 15.6 so i think u and gen1gt should acctually be sure b4 u claim to be fastest all motor pro
        i is dumb

Comment

Originally posted by skr33t_rac3r
          rob rana 15.8 plus ive seen another video of an all motor pro running a 15.6 so i think u and gen1gt should acctually be sure b4 u claim to be fastest all motor pro

Heresay does not mean that they're the fastest. Show me this video, or have the guy come forward. Now that we're down to business, "some guy ran such and such" does not cut int. I have my timeslip if you would like me to scan it for you. If you find this mystery Protege guy, tell him to post on this site.

Comment

i have a really hard tiem believing a 15.9 @ 82mph. its way to low of a speed to get a 15.9. its more like a 16.9 time. im not calling you a liar just its unbelieveable. i can believe a 15.7 @ 86 tho.

NEUMAN

Comment

1st of all, there have been protege owners that have come and gone that have done that time or faster with a N/A setup. 15.8 is nice for a Protege, however it can be achieved with some mild mods. If you look at the original specs on the DOHC 1st gens, you will se they run a 16.2 STOCK and that was by magazines such as Car and Driver and Road and Track where they take normal people that work for the magazine and have them test the cars.

2nd, I gotta agree with Neuman, 82mph seems a little slow for a trap speed, did you let off the gas before the 1/4 mile mark?

I'm not tryin to be a dick or anything, but I'm not too far from NYC and in this area if you run in the 12's, you are considered to have mild mods. I'm in the land of 480hp civic hatchbacks, 400hp Mirage hatchbacks and Integra GSR's and Type R's so around here a 15.8 is as good as stock......
              1991 Mazda 323 GTR Sedan
              MODS:
              GTR motor swap, F&R Familia strut bars, MX-3 Rear Lower strut tie bar, GTX front bumper, GTX grill, EDM headlights & corners, EDM 323 rear garnish, EDM spoiler, EGT sideskirts, MX-3 seats, GTX steering wheel, EGT glass sunroof, WRX hood scoop (functional!!), and other things that take too much space to list.....
              TO DO LIST:
              EDM/JDM rear bumper
              EDM/JDM power folding mirrors
              Repaint car

Comment

We never claimed that our cars were fast by todays standard. I could turn my car into a 400hp monster too, but I choose to go NA. I also believe there were people who have run faster than 15.7 in a Protege at one point, but unless they step forward, I'm going to lay claim to the very humble title of fastest NA Protege.

My last time at the track, I actually ran a 15.972 @ 86.25, and I had a best MPH of 86.66 that same day. So with my 15.74 @ 85.79 this time around, I was quicker, yet slower. I'm having problems with my hood. At 60mph, the latch releases, so it's like a big-air scoop that slows me down. If my front end was fixed, I'd be 15.6 @ 87 or faster....

Comment

I never claimed my car was 2nd fastest or whatever, I just said so I guess that makes me 2nd fastest. Good lord. You think a guy could get a congrats or something.

As far as my 82mph trap, I don't know why it was that slow. I had an awesome r/t and a good 60' I saw one guy up here run a 16@71 mph and a 15.9@107mph. I suppose it could have something to do with the altitude, because weird times were happening all day.

Gen1GT, how are you launching your car?
                  Eat ****.

Comment

Don't worry you guys, I'm not trying to put you down or anything. I realize the path of power in a N/A setup is difficult with our cars. (I've been down that road myself.) I was just mearly stating a fact. Anyway, as far as the 1/4 mile times, I'm sure that once you get your hood fixed and the more practice both of you get, you will get even better times. So good luck to both of you with your work.
                    1991 Mazda 323 GTR Sedan
                    MODS:
                    GTR motor swap, F&R Familia strut bars, MX-3 Rear Lower strut tie bar, GTX front bumper, GTX grill, EDM headlights & corners, EDM 323 rear garnish, EDM spoiler, EGT sideskirts, MX-3 seats, GTX steering wheel, EGT glass sunroof, WRX hood scoop (functional!!), and other things that take too much space to list.....
                    TO DO LIST:
                    EDM/JDM rear bumper
                    EDM/JDM power folding mirrors
                    Repaint car

Comment

you wont get that motor to do anything until you do major internals work. $$$$$

Comment

I plan a full standalone, and major headwork. The bottom end has been good up to like 400hp on some miatas I believe. When I do crack open the engine for my rebuild, ill prolly toss some 11.5 or 12:1 pistons in there. But that prolly wont be for another couple of months. My hp goal isnt quite as high as Gen1Gt's, im shootin for like 140-150whp and to break into the 14s. Thats all I really want out of this car for 1/4 racing. I like autox and track racing alot, and I think after I get my engine done thats what Ill use my car for.
                        Eat ****.

Comment

isnt 12:1 a bit much? you didnt mention cams or balancing the crank/pistons (balancing isnt even expensive) but you should look into that probably otherwise it will be a waste having that much compression.

Comment

Originally posted by BoostedPro
                            Don't worry you guys, I'm not trying to put you down or anything. I realize the path of power in a N/A setup is difficult with our cars. (I've been down that road myself.) I was just mearly stating a fact. Anyway, as far as the 1/4 mile times, I'm sure that once you get your hood fixed and the more practice both of you get, you will get even better times. So good luck to both of you with your work.
                            LOL..practice isn't what I need. I'm a plenty good dragger. But ya, when I get my hood fixed, I'll make some more runs.

Comment

Originally posted by 1990DX
                              you wont get that motor to do anything until you do major internals work. $$$$$
                              I know I've listed this before, but here I go....

Cams(260 or 270 duration, 9.5mm lift range)
                              Ported and polished head, 3 angle valve job, radiused seats, cc'd chambers
                              Eibach valve springs, aluminum retainers, possible bucket/shim conversion
                              10:1 pistons, balanced and slightly lightened.
                              Rods lightened, polished, balanced and shot-peened
                              Block magnafluxed, bored .020" over, decked(need to take measurements before knowing how much)
                              Crank lightened, knife-edged, and balanced to 10,000RPM
                              Greddy E-Manage w/ 300cc injectors
                              Mildy ported and polished intake manifold(possibly custom piece if stock one is too restrictive)
                              Intake gasket/port matching
                              Bored throttle body
                              Custom intake
                              Custom header
                              Custom exhaust

Hmmm, did I miss anything? Budget is $11,000Cdn

Comment

Working...
                              X