the legend LIVES ON!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the legend LIVES ON!

As you may or may not know, back on Friday February 13th (hehe) of this year, I was in a minor fender bender (um, yeah).

As a result of that, I was given one week by my lovely insurance company to find a car or they were going to cancel my policy. As you may or may not know, I was forced into buying what I can honestly call, a ****box.

In the time being, I completely stripped the totalled car and sold alot of parts to various people (my interior now lives in Cali) in an attempt to make back any money I could. I saved alot and kept an eye out for a 1st generation Protege GT and let everyone know about it. They are hard to come by (Production numbers: 1990 = ~1500; 1991 = ~1500; 1992 = discontinued; 1993 = 500 (brought back for Mazda Canada's 25th Anniversary); 1994 = none) and even harder to find in decent condition.

I have told alot of people to let me know if they see any for sale and a handful have contacted me (thanks to all).

However, this past Thursday I got a call from Simon (7plymaple). Turns out he was cruising his old neighbourhood and took notice of a 1st gen Protege that was turning into a parking lot on the other side of the road. After a second glance, he realized the reason he took such notice of this old Protege; it was a 1993 Protege GT. In a spectacular display of autocross precision and city driving techniques he performed a flawless U-turn across 4 lanes of traffic in afternoon rush hour quickly enough to catch up to the car as the owner was stepping out. He questioned the stunned owner:

Simon: "Is that a '93 Protege GT?"
    '93 GT owner: "Yes."
    Simon: "Would you be selling it any time soon?"
    '93 GT owner: "Actually, I was thinking of selling it next month, since I have alot going on right now."
    Simon: "Awww yi! Hook up dem digitz!"

Half an hour later I was on the phone with the owner and planning a viewing of the car for that evening. A quick trip to the bank on Friday and ministry for the UVIP and I was driving the car home Friday night.

That's it! After 4 months of agony in my LX (aka ****box), my search was over! My mind put at ease in a last minute panic-frenzy in which I was able to scoop up an identical (sans non-working A/C) 1993 Protege GT and have it safe at my house.

Once again, I must send my love out to all those who've helped me. :inlove: It has touched my member and enlarged my heart (or is that the other way around?). All in all, if you still haven't realized or just chose to read the bold font, I'm a pretty happy guy right now. Another piece of this accident ****storm has passed and the future is lookin' good!
    My ClubProtege.com Feedback Thread

MOSI Race Dynamics
    - Aftermarket Parts Sales & Services MOSI Race Dynamics Feedback Thread

Ha!!! good to hear!! i had half of all my friends, plus relative look for a 99 z24 after i recked mine. in knew of every one in a 3 county radius in a week. but i had no funds. its great to hear your bad luck ended, and you have a new begining. good luck, and drive safe this time!!
    i hate being broke!

Comment

haha, AWSOME! Looks like a GT found a happy home.
      2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Alright!! I was just looking at the other thread where they were talking about a GT only club.
        2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

haha...I doubt that would ever happen. (a GT only club)

MOSI Race Dynamics

Comment

Originally posted by mike_moss
            haha...I doubt that would ever happen. (a GT only club)
            Why not? There ARE four of us....

Anyways, I must add that I'M the happy new owner of said, '****box' LX, which is going to be my parts car for MY GT. So things are looking up for us Canadian GT guys....since Superdave got a new GT too.....

Mike, I tried getting in the car with a Slim Jim, and it didn't work. I was tempted to bust the rear window, but decided not to. Don't forget them keys Saturday morning!!!

Comment

Congrats man. May I ask how much you paid for the GT?

Comment

Josh, I will not forget the keys! I'll be there around 8:30am-ish.

Intruder, I paid $1800 w/valid emission test (had to get safety on my own). I'll be posting pics once it's nice and cleaned up this Saturday!

MOSI Race Dynamics

Comment

THAT'S AWSOME..> GOOD FIND MIKE!!!! now i can sell you my front grile...lol
                  NOW WITH SPINNER HUB CAPS

Comment

Congrats!
                    Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Originally posted by Ambassador
                      THAT'S AWSOME..> GOOD FIND MIKE!!!! now i can sell you my front grile...lol
                      WTF you talking about???

MOSI Race Dynamics

Comment

Car is CLEAN!

MOSI Race Dynamics

Comment

VERY nice!
                          how did you clean/shine the engine bay?? i'm still wary of cleaning mine, altho its obvious people do it with no problems....
                          Original owner: 1991 Protege LX (now w/SOHC) and a few more BG's ....

Comment

Time to change your sig, Mike. Car looks very nice.

Comment

car looks real clean damn, nice find.
                              .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                              225.94wtq
                              torque monster!!!!
                              dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                              http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                              http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Working...
                              X