intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

intake

ok so i have heard all about the good intakes on ebay and the bad ones on ebay. wich one is the good one? i heard there was a injen replica also who is that made by?

BUMP! (I am interested in this too)
    Silver 2001 Protege ES
    5-speed manual
    4 cyl 2.0L engine

Tires: Cooper Zeon ZPT 205/50/R16
    Intake: Custom DIY Short-ram

Comment

Yea me tooo...but i just looked and they have a Mazdaspeed intake for sale on there going for 90 bucks there is also an AEM and a Injen intake on there for sale as well...gonna have to find out the other part though......
      "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

BOMZ Racing

I've had this for 9 months or so, works just fine

EDIT: This is only the ram intake, don't know about CAI's

Comment

i have the injen cai i like it but the car is kinda funny around certain rpms ... there was a thread about the ebay cai do a search im pretty sure it worked great from what i can remember

Comment

how about this one? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...481320603&rd=1

Comment

Some people will tell you there is a difference in manufatures of intakes. Apparently the Injens have a powedercoating on them that is suppose to reduce heat. In thoery this is suppose to keep the temperature of the air going through the pipe down (thereby allowing more air to be sucked though).

I have 3 points to make for this...

1. The air being sucked in is going at too fast to be heated in the fraction of a second that it is going though the intake.
              2. You're only seeing maybe 2-4 hp gains anyways so any gains from this will be too minor to notice.
              3. It's only a pipe.

Pretty much all intakes will do the same job. You're only seeing minimal gains but the sound is way cool!

Apparently there is a difference between filters though.
              2002 Blackmica P5
              CAI - MSP springs - Brembo cross-drilled rotors & KVR pads - Ground wires - Ignition wires - Silverstars - Eurolites - Pilot fogs - Toyo TPTs - Tint - Blue calipers & strut bar - Batsymbol in rear window

Comment

never ehard about the injen intake being powdercoated ... the filter for it sucks, so you might as well just buy a k&n filter and get rid of the one it comes with ... i wouldnt really recommend the injen one, not many people still have it on their car cause of the problems it causes.

Comment

I ordered a CAI off ebay, first time ever ordered on ebay and it is the injen replica intake..

go to www.cardomain.com/id/thejackyl to see pix of it, even got it in the color to match my car

get it from LIVEONSPEED hes the only one on there with the correct piping and couplers for a true CAI if you have any questions please pm me or aim at JACKYLtm
                  works great and a power increase is definitely noticed at high rpms
                  2003 Mazda Protege LX
                  Laser Blue
                  www.cardomain.com/id/thejackyl
                  Old Car
                  1998 Kia Sephia LS
                  Custom Front Bumper, motegi gunmetal mr7s wrapped in Nitto 450 Xtremes, OBX exhaust, Custom CAI, CUstom interior

Comment

Working...
                  X