Intrax spring question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intrax spring question

can anyone explain the difference between a 1995 - 1998 protege and a 1995 - 1998 protege V6?

bruce and i had a little talk about this and both agreed that there's no V6 protege or is there? I know what you told me bruce but i was just curious plus if it'll work its not bad for the price.

unfortunately Intrax is selling lowering springs for both. i looked it up and both have the same lowering 1.8 (F) and 1.7 (R) and both are for the chassis BA/BB/BC. their part number though are different. the one for the 4 cylinder is 45.1.004 and for the V6 is 45.1.015

if i buy the 45.1.015 would it fit my 4 cylinder engine protege?
    Last edited by beetle_orange; 06-01-2004, 05:25 PM.

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
    Mods:
    DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

There is no Protege with V6, but Intrax makes good springs. The V6 you might be referring to is 1.8L V-6 in Mazda MX-3.
    "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

The 2nd gen's chassis code is BH.

Comment

FWIW there were a few. A dozen or so, V6 proteges built from the factory.
        They were built in like 1990 or so. They were basically test mules for the 1.8l that was going to be put into the MX-3. A few of them made ther way into the hands of ordinary Mazda owners like ourselves.
        Just think, a KL-ZE would almost literally drop in then.
        Ryan The middle child is always ignored
        BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
        Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

so what is the consensus here? you guys think it would fit or not?

Mods:
          DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.

Comment

Why not just get the ones made for the 4 cylinder?
            Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Originally posted by NegatiZE
              Why not just get the ones made for the 4 cylinder?
              My guess is that he found the ones for the V6 cheaper.

Comment

bullseye

Mods:

Comment

Go with what is specifically made for the car. I do not see why you would want the ones from MX-3 in the first place. It will be just a waste of money if the springs do not fit right. Other than Intrax, there is H&R, and you might be lucky finding some used Eibachs.
                  "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

Working...
                  X