bike fans...think this is worth it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bike fans...think this is worth it.

bike has less than 10k: here is the email and the pic.

For Sale
    1991 Suzuki GSXR750
    $2800 or best offer

Original owner!
    Never Crashed!

This bike still looks new and people always ask me if I just bought it.
    It’s always been garaged and well maintained, but if you know anything about motorcycles that will be very clear when you look at it.

This is a very fast bike and for experienced riders only. 11 second quarter mile
    I won’t let my baby go to a home that I think will crash or neglect her!

here is the pic:
    According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Nice! Price is a bit high IMHO... I paid $5,800 for a brand new '03 SV650S. It is in great looking shape though, is this going to be your first bike?
    '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
    '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
    '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
    '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
    '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
    '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

This was a long time ago dude, I have an 04 gsx-r that im fixing now.
      According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by lscrx
        Nice! Price is a bit high IMHO... I paid $5,800 for a brand new '03 SV650S. It is in great looking shape though, is this going to be your first bike?
        thats what i will be getting sometime next year
        Serenity's Dead.

Comment

My bad, i really need to start looking at dates... i liked the SVS... till my buddy got t-boned by a Honduh while riding it
          '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
          '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
          '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

I was gonna get a CBR 600F3 as a starter bike.. had the check in hand and the guy bringing the bike, with 2 chrome wheels and a helmet... Then my grandmother got wind of me buying it somehow and all **** hit the fan... damit..

ahh it will just be 2 turbo cars for me...
            photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Just to let everyone know for the 15th time, v-twins are not good beginner bikes.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

only for a minute...

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

I liked the SV650S... it was my beginner bike, now a TL1000S would not be a good beginner bike... it's a wheelie monster! But the SVS had a good powerband, forgiving brakes/throttle... just don't be like me and buy a brand new bike as a "learning" bike... get a 10 year old Ninja 250 for that
                  '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
                  '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
                  '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

exactly, I guess around these "st. louis street fighter" parts, new riders tend to buy the sv and its just got too much torque for a new rider, especially if they buy it new and try to do wheelies on their 2nd day riding on a new tire. Dont know if its the level of (or lack of) intelligence in these parts) but Everytime I visit my buddies at the dealership, they always have another vtwin in the back getting put back together. I agree totally with iscrx, If you have never rode any form of motorcycl, ie dirtbike, moped, or atv, then check in to and older ninja with frame sliders, and for gods sake get some riding gear.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

shoot, yeah I could imagine Road Rash must be a bitch.
                      photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

I wouldnt know, and dont want to ever know, thats why I pay to see stunting and stay on the sidelines.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Don't ride like a retard above your limits and you'll be fine....

<---- lesson learned!

Oh yea, wear your gear, it saved my life.
                          Dan
                          dreesemonkey

Comment

Originally posted by Astyl
                            correct my dumbass'ness on this one... but what is the problem with starting off big? say youve never driven a bike in your life... and as stated above.. you get a busa with a turbocharger kit... that'll go 260 tops or whatever.. just because you have the power, dosent mean you have too use it... if you try too ride beyond your skill level, of course your gonna **** up... but just cause you have it, dosent mean you use it... you can go easy.... just like if you have some 900 HP 8 second drag monster car... just cause its fast... dosent mean you have too go fast. you can putter along at 35 mph if you wanted too.. just cause a bikes fast dosent mean you gotta gun it and try too do wheelies... just ease it around abit, slowly till you get the hang of it

if you think of a bikes throttle as 0% is idling, and 100% is WOT... and your at a red light... why not just give it like 20% throttle. and drive it like grandma and take 20 seconds too get from zero too sixty, hows the bikes power gonna get outta control
                            I'm not flaming by any means but you've obviously never ridden a sport bike. Even just 20% throttle in a low gear is more than enough to get you into trouble. In a car you don't have to worry about half the things you have to worry about on a bike because you don't have to balance. In a car you can floor it, jam the brakes, slide around corners like the n00b of all n00bs and you won't get yourself in trouble. Bikes take so much skill and attention to ride properly.

I remember the first time I rode my bike, a 600 katana (considered a pee-on to most sport riders) and the power was just amazing. After a few weeks of riding and I got some balls to twist the throttle back, it's ludacris how quickly you accelerate, and that's with an underpowerd and overweight bike.

The first time I passed a car, they were doing like 25 in a 45 zone, I dropped it into second, gave it about half throttle, ran it to 3/4 redline, shifted into 3rd and I was doing 80. This was in the span of about 4 or 5 seconds. Just imagine a bike with twice the power and 3/4 of the weight.

It's a question everyone always asks, why can't you just control yourself? Some people can, they can learn on literbikes but 95% of the population wouldn't have the control or the knowhow to correct anything they may accidentally do.

Bikes deserve so much respect, but at the same time they're so fun. I wish I still had mine!
                            Dan
                            dreesemonkey

Comment

yeah im a firm believer to atleast start with a 600, its a good size bike, like a honda cbr f2,f3,f4, good light bikes...
                              .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                              225.94wtq
                              torque monster!!!!
                              dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                              http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                              http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Working...
                              X