Power window wiring problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power window wiring problems

mods, please don't move this post, as i won't get the thorough input i need on this situation. well, as some may know, my CONSISTANT battle seems to be with my power windows!! (and my brakes ) well, my passenger side window keeled over in june, the window will go down, but won't go up. the only way we can get the window up is by using jumper clips and switching the polarity on the harness, so by deduction, the windows will go down and up with some ****in around, but it obviously doesn't function when i'm driving down the road *curses*!! we replaced the passenger switch, and the drivers side switch is less than 7 months old, so there is no way you can deduce it being a switch problem. the only thing left i can think of is that one of the wires has gone bad or something, my windows are dead ass slow, a little off track it seems, but i'm not sure. how would i go about finding which wire in my power window system is faulty? any suggestions?
    peace

without really hands on testing, i'd have to say yes, it's the switch or switches. Obviously the motor is ok, so whatever feeds the motor is not doing it's job.

have you tested the switches for proper function? Sounds like not and your ruling them out without really testing them.

Comment

well, my passenger side switch will put the window up if you reverse the polarity or something?? i don't know, my buddy is the electrical genius that figured the **** out that the motor is fine, the passenger switch NOW is from a junked 93lx (needed the door panel anyway).. i just put the **** in yesturday.. hence my posting. the drivers switch, i am not too sure about, cause as a matter of fact, dave page sent me the switch i have in my drivers door back in march or april of this year... and the switch worked then. i know i haven't done much of anything to fry it, i just can't figure out why that thing would be bad. i'm looking at the chiltons and didn't find anything, but my haynes manual has an accurate pin out on the wiring. i'm borrowing my grandfather's volt meter to test out some other things, but i'm curious as to what i would look to measure to check if the drivers switch is good or not . any help is apprieciated
      peace

Comment

do you crimp or soder your connections??
        When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
        Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
        Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
        So his engine he goosed
        With much too much boost,
        And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

dude, the switches are plug and play, there is no soldering involved, the wiring i have is what came from the factory, no modifications whatsoever. it's just that either the factory wiring has failed, or the switch on the drivers side has worn out, as our bud stated, all primary control and power is routed through the drivers side switch first... though i have never tested the windows without the master switch plugged in, i doubt it would work at all! my question is popping a volt meter on this sucker, what kind of power am i looking at, dc voltage, milliamps.. which connections do i want and not want power coming from... etc.. basically so i can test the switch itself before going through the hassle of rewiring my power windows... it's not like having manual windows, you need power to breath in this damn car, the ventillation system is for the ****in dogs in my car, simple as that.
          peace

Comment

sorry i though you had cut a harness. my bad. when i doubt break out the voltmeter
            When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
            Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
            Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
            So his engine he goosed
            With much too much boost,
            And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

Are you rolling more than one window at a time?
              2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

have in the past, i don't anymore.. it's a common habit for most of us, but the owners manual doesn't recommend you do more than 2 at a time.
                peace

Comment

one of mine stopped working...it was not the motor, but like the capacitor or something? its a weird clamp looking thing

Comment

Working...
                  X