whats that metal line under my exhaust manifold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whats that metal line under my exhaust manifold

whats that metal line under my exhaust manifold what it do.Should I cut it off Go to this site Read you understand.

Where's TheMan at when you need him????
    "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

Originally posted by mig360m
      whats that metal line under my exhaust manifold what it do.Should I cut it off Go to this site Read you understand.

http://www.mazda6tech.com/index.php?...d=23&Itemid=35
      Since you mention the metal line under the exhaust manifold in connection with your reference, I assume you think it has something to do with the throttle body (TB) coolant bypass. Actually it doesn't because it is probably the EGR line that connects into the exhaust manifold that you are referring to.

If you are referring to the TB bypass mod, the parts of interest here are the inlet and outlet coolant pipes that connect to and heat the TB to prevent it from freezing in cold weather. As the article you cited suggests, blocking off the coolant flow to the TB will eliminate a hot spot in the air intake system that, by reducing inlet air temperature, will increase inlet air density and therefore increase HP output.

This mod sounds like it would be beneficial but some people who have tried it report that it produces little, if any, noticeable power increase. For a possible explanation of the lack of benefit, you might want to look at:
      https://www.wihandyman.com/forum/sho...9687#post89687 (particularly post#5).

In the article cited there, the author compared the theoretical change in inlet air temperature that occurred as the intake air passed through a heated vs. a cold TB. Interestingly, he found that the heated TB caused only a miniscule rise in temp due mainly to the fact that the velocity of the air through the TB provided it little time to take on added heat. The conclusion was that a non-heated TB produces virtually no benefit.

I'm not sure if I interpreted your question correctly, but if so I hope this answers it.
      02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
      MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
      MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
      Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
      MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
      Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
      Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
      Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
      Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
      Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
      Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
      Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
      Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

I live in the Caribbean it always hot so I dont need the throttle body coolant bypass. This coolant is always hot.

Comment

I bypassed it and I'm up here in Minnesota, no problems, the car does seem to idle higher though? It started after I bypassed the throttle body coolant, I'm not sure if that should effect it or not....

But for maybe $3 dollars and 5 minutes of work if I get anything out of it I'm happy.

"The only thing worse than bad memories, is no memories at all" - The Dismemberment Plan

Comment

Working...
          X