zx2 eibach springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

zx2 eibach springs

i was going to order my zx2 struts from oemfordparts, and get eibachs on will call at corksport (for pickup on saturday), but corksport doesn't have any eibachs in stock...
    it got me thinking though, do the eibach springs from a zx2 fit fine on a protege?
    are they the same?

i mean, the struts fit, so...

then maybe i can order everything from oemfordparts...
    justin
    Protege - 1993 - White - LX - AT - 170k miles
    installed--- Glass Sunroof, ZX2 S\R struts, Eibachs, custom intake, mp3 headunit, Enkei RS6 16" wheels

Originally posted by sixhex
    it got me thinking though, do the eibach springs from a zx2 fit fine on a protege?
    are they the same?

i mean, the struts fit, so...

then maybe i can order everything from oemfordparts...
    yes - quite a few of us have the ZX2 struts and springs on our cars
    Original owner: 1991 Protege LX (now w/SOHC) and a few more BG's ....

Comment

you can probably get the springs cheaper from somewhere else
      Serenity's Dead.

Comment

oops, its been so long since i've done it i forgot there is a minor modification to the front strut mounts. check MazdaRacer's Protege website and i think he still has a how-to for it...you'll need the ZX2 thrust bearings as well.
        Original owner: 1991 Protege LX (now w/SOHC) and a few more BG's ....

Comment

i was looking for cheaper eibach springs.... but cant seem to find any...the cheapest i found were on oemfordparts.com

but i havent looked enough yet...

Comment

try Tire Rack

Comment

i have the struts part all figured out, i decided on those a long time ago...
              if i can, i want to order my struts and springs from the same place (oemfordparts) i was just wondering if i ordered the springs for a zx2, are they the same as the ones for the protege?

EDIT: okay, i obviously need to read more... or have better memory...
              (i just reread a recent thread about struts, and Mazdaracer clearly states the springs can also be used :hits forehead

guess i'm gonna go order them now...
              Last edited by sixhex; 06-03-2004, 12:35 PM.
              justin
              installed--- Glass Sunroof, ZX2 S\R struts, Eibachs, custom intake, mp3 headunit, Enkei RS6 16" wheels

Comment

Not sure if there's a difference in spring rates between the Protege and ZX2 Eibachs. However, the ZX2 springs will fit and will perfectly match the struts as well. I say, order the combo from oemfordparts and you'll be a happy man
                -------------------------
                '91 LX
                '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235

Originally posted by pigeon
                well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

yes, yes i am, and i will be more when they are installed !
                  struts- 180
                  springs - 160
                  bearings - 36
                  shipping - 32
                  just ordererd, it was $408 shipped
                  they had the struts and bearings in stock, but not the springs, so i have to wait about a week for all of it to get here... (not bad, really, not bad at all)

before then though, since i want to throw them in asap, i have to get bumpstops...
                  justin

Comment

$408 shipped is a steal if you ask me! Keep in mind that you'll probably need to replace the boots as well. Mine were severely ripped so I had to replace them. About $10 a universal boot from your local auto stores.
                    '91 LX
                    '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235

Originally posted by pigeon
                    well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

i have sprint springs on my car......will the zx2's fit no prob?
                      thx
                      91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.