Mazda 323 BA P suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mazda 323 BA P suspension

I have just put a set of 17" alloys on my 323 and was wondering is there a spring kit that can be fitted to lower the car about 55mm? if there is what would be the best make to go for... koni?

Thanks in advance

Aaron

come on guys a bit of help here please i just got my pay cheque in and im desperate to buy a set off springs! any advice?

Comment

55mm is a lot . I have usually seen springs lower about 30mm to 40 mm .
      I don't know if you want to go lower than that. My protege BH is lowered about 40mm and the front suspension travel isn't much to rave about.

What companies have you been looking into?
      Which country are you from?
      photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

On my protege I have aerospeed coilovers, they work great and get the car nice and low. I'm not exactly sure how low I have gotten it but I know on my old 17's the front end rode right up next to the wheel and the rear wheels went a small amount into the wheel well.

P.S. I no longer have those wheels :D

"The only thing worse than bad memories, is no memories at all" - The Dismemberment Plan

Comment

heres a few very quick pics of my car! i havnt seen any hatchbacks on this website yet! i live in Northern Ireland. Saw Apex springs on e-bay that lower 55mm but am still not sure if they will go onto my car. I think they were for the 1994-97 323 would that be the same set up? forgive me if that sounds daft, just it is soo hard 2 find parts for this car here!

Aaron
          Attached Files

Comment

as you can see it definately needs lowered! i was also interested in getting discs on the rear, is that possible? any websites or more info on springs and brake discs would be much apprexciated!

Thansk

Comment

That's one sweet ride, man! I hope you're here to stay.

Bruce, 55mm isn't too extreme. It's only 2.1". I know there are people who've slammed their Protege even lower. Not safe, but to each their own...

Azzamut, discs on the rear is possible. You would have to find the rear discs from an ES Protege. I don't know what it's called in your part of the world... but you should be looking for a 323F with rear discs. That's as far as I know. Do a search here and you will find more info regarding the swap. Bruce can help too, since he swapped his rear drums fro discs.

Springs - I'm not entirely sure, but I'm inclined to think that your suspension is very similar to the non hatchback 323. So, any set of springs for the 2nd gen Protege should fit yours.

By the way, you can PM TheMAN and ask him if the springs on your car are the same as on any other 2nd gen.

Comment

Totally off-topic question: Do you have glass headlights or are they plastic?

Comment

my headlights are plastic! is there any websites were i can order a set of springs. so if i find springs that will go on to a 2nd generation protege they wil definetely fit my car! getting the suspension sorted is my main priority at this moment.

Comment

Working...
                  X