Anyone Raced a Zx2??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone Raced a Zx2??

My brother has a 1999 zx2 and keeps bragging how fast it is.....any one raced one before....couldn't find any post on it....I know he has a DOHC 2.0 5speed, and I have a 1.8 SOHC 5speed...just looking at the engines says he will beat me, but who knows....when he gets down we shall have to see....

DaPro
    94 Protege DX SOHC 1.8l 5 Speed
    (DaPro)

its better to wait and save then to waste money on crap to get you by....

If you've got the BP (which I assume you do) then it'd be a fair race, he's only got 127 hp (vs. 122) and I would think his car is heavier. So it probably boils down to driver skill (I like to say racing is 25% car, 75% driver)

Comment

he has the dx SOHC, more then likely you will lose, unless he sucks and misses most of the gears.
      .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
      225.94wtq
      torque monster!!!!
      dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
      http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
      http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

you will probably loose
        One day you are born,
        The next big milestone
        you discover go zoom-zoom
        you can't get enough!

Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother@#?!&! upside the head!!!

This car refuses to die! By TheMAN

Comment

I know he has more pull in 1st , but his 2nd and 3rd don't feel as strong as mine...I do have the SOHC, but I have a bp out of a 91 that I am rebuilding now...anyways..seems to me that it might be close, just have to see....

DaPro
          (DaPro)

Comment

well we will have to see, im still sticking with not gonna win, but ya never know.

186.08whp
            225.94wtq
            torque monster!!!!

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

1st gen Bp's have 125 hp
              2nd gen BP's have 122.

I don't see the sohc winning off the line. If you had a BP I would think a little different.
              photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

IF IT IS A ZETEC YOU WILL LOSE, THEY WRAP QUICK AS HELL because THEY ARE GEARED REALLY LOW....sorry....
                According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

do you have any mods to your car what so ever?

186.08whp
                  225.94wtq
                  torque monster!!!!

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

wait til you get the BP in then go for it, sry, for some reason my brain turned sohc into dohc

Comment

no mods yet..I pretty well know I get my ass handed to me, but its the trill of racing...his is just a stock zx2, no mods..can't wait til the bp is done...lots of stuff planned...just haven't had the time to work on it...

DaPro
                      (DaPro)

Comment

a slightly modded zetec can run pretty good w/ a z24. i had a Z, and zx2's kept up good. a dx wont win, and a BP would have a better chance.
                        i hate being broke!

Comment

I've beaten a zx2, but it wasn't a straight-line race...
                          ~Mar.

Now say it with me... B-R-A-K-E.

Good job!

Comment

Man, I would probably tear up if I lost to a zx2.

Comment

Yeah it sux...there pretty quick striaght line cars but even with modded suspension they still drive like boats. and um x what kind of honda do you have?
                              According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Working...
                              X