Euro MK2 Focus Sedan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Euro MK2 Focus Sedan

This is GORGEOUS. I would buy this over a Mazda3 soley on the styling.

It's the MK2 Focus sedan, based off the new C1 platform w/ the Mazda3 and S40. We're not getting it anytime soon in the US, just a mild restyle of the MK1 Focus. Argh.

Here's what the US gets:

*puke*
    Clint/1999 "Sport20"

that thing is sweet, id totaly buy one, any specs on it?
    .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
    225.94wtq
    torque monster!!!!
    dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
    http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
    http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

i saw this thing like a year ago, but i was under the impression that they were never acctually gona be made
      i is dumb

Comment

I wanna see the hatch

Comment

The biggest problem with the US focus is that it has no hips...the sides are just flat straight back, and it's tall and narrow. This one is more aggressive than the protege.

Comment

Clint, I am sure that you know that this Focus Concept is oriented for Chinese market. You and I both visit CarSpyShots, and I am not sure if it was discussed threre, but I remember reading on Autoweek about this car being made for the orient.

But I do believe that Euro spec Focus will look a lot like what was shown here.
            "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

Yep, that's what I figured since the front ends look exactly the same as the Euro hatch version.

Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

eh, I dont like the ass on that

Comment

Originally posted by jnorion
                  The biggest problem with the US focus is that it has no hips...the sides are just flat straight back, and it's tall and narrow. This one is more aggressive than the protege.
                  Exactly. This new one has some sweet fender flares like the 3rd gen Protege, and having larger wheels just accents that even more.

Another problem with the current model...the ****ty interior. I had a rental Focus twice and wasn't impressed by the "quality" interior.

Take a look at the euro Focus C-Max:
                  Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Nice... much cleaner and less plastic feel

Comment

How many recalls has the focus had? Like 15? I'd buy it just for the handling if the build quality wasn't complete crap.

Comment

That's because Ford rushed the suppliers for the US model to get the current car over here on time. The Euro MK1 Focus is much more reliable than the Mexican-built one the US gets.
                        Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Well, either way the US-spec model sucked, although I think the 03's are a bit better.

Comment

Working...
                          X