• Show
Clear All

Painted Intake

Alright so i just got done painting my cai pipe. I used 1500 grit
    sandpaper to get some marks off of it, then i washed it with
    some dawn dish soap. Now its painted and i was wondering is
    that is all that is to it??? Do i need to do anything else??? i used
    the 500 degree duplicolor glossy black spray paint. It looks great,
    i just need to know if its finished. I used about 5 coats.

I was gonna do the valve cover today but i didnt have the money for
    the new gasket.
    Mike A.

You dont need a new gasket for the valve cover, its rubber. I will last forever
    sigpic

Comment

i'm wanting to paint my intake and exhaust stuff too, what do i need to know like do i need to get new gaskets before i do them both? and what should i use to clean it before painting?
      thanks
      Jac and Jill went up the hill they planned to do some kissing, but Jac made a pass and grabbed Jills @$$ and now his front teeth are missing

Comment

for future reference, if you use dawn dish soap, use a good wax and grease remover before painting, Might or might not affect the finish but just to be safe...I would hate for you to have to sand down the thing and start again.
        According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Its not necissary to use anything after washing it with dawn. I actually recommend doing it.

Was your intake metal before? If it was then your paint probably won't last long unless it is very well taken care of. The reason I say this is you are supposed to use a self-etching primer on metal before you paint them. Also 1500 grit is very fine, you would be better off using some 400 grit wet/dry paper. Or if you are using a DA use 240 grit.

Comment

Working...
          X