Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any interest in headers

Hello all

I am new to this forum but have been active on some of the other forums for a few years now. I have a protege5 and my business partner has a Mazda3GT. We have been improving cars for years and have recently started developing a header for the Mazda3.

Just wondering if anyone on here is interested in headers for their 3. If there is suffcient interest we could offer them to you guys once the R&D is developed.
    Yes, I'm Interested
    80.00%
    No, I couldn't care less
    20.00%

Question about header legality

Originally posted by TheMAN
    I don't see the point of even making/selling one...

the 2.0 mazda3 already has a 4-1 equal length header welded onto the HIGH FLOW primary cat
    the 2.3 mazda3 already has a 4-2-1 equal length header welded onto the HIGH FLOW primary cat

since it already has a header, creating an aftermarket one that gives significant gains will be difficult... also you will only be able to market your aftermarket header as "race only" since it is super illegal because you will be removing one of the cats! and even if you provide an aftermarket cat with it, it will still not exempt you from this illegality because no one is supposed to replace cats on a 50000 mile or less/5 year old or newer car
    Just read your post and if I understand it correctly if your car is older than 5 years and or 50,000 miles you can replace the cat? Im just wondering cause I have the AWR header on my 99 ES so next year I can say I replaced the cat and I would then technically be legal? Course I live in Ohio so I guess the point is moot? Hope this thread makes sense and yes I have read the FAQ, have a copy saved in fact

99 ES AWR header mil eliminator custom SS 2.25" catback AEM SRI
    magnecor wires Jspec plugs
    eibach pro kits KYB struts
    power stop slotted rotors EBC greenstuff pads
    B&M short shifter Team voodoo shifter knob
    z rated 205/50 Dunlop SP5000 asymetrical
    Cats Zetas with PIAA spark blue 8000k bulbs

Comment

Originally posted by TheMAN
      the catalytic converter law is part of the federal emissions laws... it applies to any state, and you CANNOT relocate it
      Ah I see, my question was ofcourse hypothetical, thanks

Comment

who's testing for that Edwin?

Some states do, others don't. There are plenty of people who have "illegal" parts on their cars, and it doesn't hurt sales.

And just because the stock manifolds are "pretty good", there's ALWAYS better. See of course the "30hp from a header" thread.
        "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
        -93 MR2, 129 ES
        ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
        Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

Theres already a header out. http://mazda3forums.com/viewforum.php?f=61

Heres a few pictures of mine.

With Draxas Header and Draxas 2.5" exhaust with high flow cat and Injen CAI. >> http://www.zippyvideos.com/12392623313715.html

without header >>> http://www.zippyvideos.com/35544370313805.html
          Last edited by brian805; 05-27-2005, 09:01 PM.
          05 Ti Grey 3s 4dr mtx/ Moonroof /abs-sab-sac/ Xenon & TPMS/ Eibach Pro kit springs/ Injen Cai/ Draxas exhaust with high flow cat/ Draxas Ceramic coated 4-1 Header/ OMP Strut tower Brace/ TWM short Shifter/ stubby antenna/ 6% tint/ Alpine 9835 head unit/ Dual 12" Kicker Solo-Baric subs/ Kicker 5x7s X4/ Kicker KX850.2 sub amp/ Alpine 420i and 20 gig ****/ 7" lcd and Xbox

Comment

very nice.
            The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by D323
              very nice.

were are unfortunately running into some issues with flexpipe lengths for the header which are causing a few alignment problems in the exhaust chain. hopefully this will be made correct very soon.
              05 Ti Grey 3s 4dr mtx/ Moonroof /abs-sab-sac/ Xenon & TPMS/ Eibach Pro kit springs/ Injen Cai/ Draxas exhaust with high flow cat/ Draxas Ceramic coated 4-1 Header/ OMP Strut tower Brace/ TWM short Shifter/ stubby antenna/ 6% tint/ Alpine 9835 head unit/ Dual 12" Kicker Solo-Baric subs/ Kicker 5x7s X4/ Kicker KX850.2 sub amp/ Alpine 420i and 20 gig ****/ 7" lcd and Xbox

Comment

we sell headers for the mazda3; http://mazda3online.web.aplus.net/pr...roducts_id=541

ProtegeGarage.com - Over 525 parts shipped WORLDWIDE for your Mazda Protege, Mazda3, Mazda5, Mazda6, MX-5 and Mazda RX-8
                email :: Ken@mazda3online.com
                Phone :: (847) 223-6890
                Cell Phone :: (847) 736-1635

We Accept Visa, MasterCard, PayPal, Check and Money Order

CLICK HERE FOR BG CHASSIS CARBON FIBER HOODS

Comment

Working...
                X