My 94 LX (0) vs ~95 Civic Dx hatch (1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 94 LX (0) vs ~95 Civic Dx hatch (1)

A nice day today driving with the windows down . . .

Pulled up to a light and on my left was a ~95 Civic Dx hatch.

This car was lowered, some Civic Si rims on it, exhaust. I decided this guy probably has just those mods done so i do the introductionary rev to about 4k.

He does his little tap, and the game is on. . . Light turns green.

I perform a stupendous launch, leaping ahead about half a car length. In about 1 second though, the civic burns past me! We shift to 2nd gear at the same time, though at this point he is 1 full carlength in front. Lemme just say when his clutch bit, it bit hard! This guy had serious under-hood work done.

He pulled in my lane in front of me and flashed his hazards right as I was topping out 2nd gear.

He let me catch up to him, we waved, smiled, and gave each other a nod before we drove off our separate ways.

I was left thinking to myself, "damn i should have followed him to try to ask what was under the hood."

It was great!
    Tag Team

B16 most likely,

umm you need turbo...
    photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

umm...did you happen to hear a lil thing called vtec...thats a pretty common mod to dx hatcbacks around these parts. Mostly SOHC's like d16z6 though.
      According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Thats why I dont **** with civics. They got so much parts and **** for their cars you never know what they got under the hood.

But you will never find out unless you race them.

Comment

i'm pretty sure he had an Si motor and nitrous

i didnt hear a turbo spooling, but i possibly heard v-tec.
          Tag Team

Comment

Working...
          X