what type of wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what type of wax

What type of wax do you guys use to clean up surface scraches? I plan on buffing my car, yes w/ an electric buffer, but I haven't decided what wax to use. Not only that but my car is black and from what I understand it is hard to keep the swirl makrs out of black paint. Any help would be appreciated!...
    Too bad I have AWD and you don't!

If it is been a while since the last shine, and I mean more than 9 months without wax, eaxpect some hard work. When tryin to revive the paint the first few waxes are going to look kind of lame. And it has happened it will look dull after using the polisher, a wash will finish the job.

In my case, the car has the swirls from waxin it but if I wash it AGAIN after waxin and dry it, "usually" the swirls will dissapear.

1. Find a nice cool place, no humidity, try to do it in a nice sunny day, but not in the sun.

2. Try to have extra clean rags for both, to apply and remove.

3. I use Turtle Wax for the first waxes (the cheapest one), and then to finish the job; Meguiars (anything beyond 10 dollars).

** Meguiars will not help when the car is very very dull and it has been a while without waxin.**

>> One little trick that I do for headlights and critical hoods that are very very dull; mix Turtle wax 75% with Blue Magic 25%. Spend sometime mixing them until you dont see anymore the blue chunks. Apply to paint and remove BEFORE it dries, the more you let it dry the more it will remove. Do this part by hand, an electric polisher will make uneven spots in the paint. Try as much as possible to apply and remove even with the paint, NOT pressing into the metal. The objective is to remove the top dead layer.

I have revived my Mazda 323 white paint mixin Blue Magic with Turtle wax, the results are amazing.

* You can use the polisher on the headlights, and also use more BM instead of 25% as established for the paint.

After a few shines, the more the car shines the less BM is going to be used in the paint, after this is the Meguiars turn to bring up a nice sparkling shine to the car.

Comment

my car has NO clearcoat on it left. Here's what i did to make my car look new as crap . . .

1) wash teh crap out of the car. dont forget to do your rims first if you have 'em.

2) dry off with terry cloth

3) meguiars deep crystal system POLISH (gently buffs out small imperfections, shines the paint like a mutha). Just follow the instructions. You'll need 2 terry cloth towels for this; dont use the soggy towel that dried the car.

4) meguiars carnauba wax. That's it, that's all. Your car will bling like it was fresh off the lot. JUST DONT HALF ASS.

Takes about 2 to 3 hours but DAMN the car looks hot when you're done
      Tag Team

Comment

since, most of these cars came in only a single stang pait. no clear, try to keep the polishing with the machine to a minimal or your gonna run right down to the primer. edges are the worst for it. get a good polishing compound meguires or mothers is the best. use a wool pad on the machine and go over the whole car. take your time to make sure you get everything or its gonna turn out likie a zebra. then with a foam pad on the machine use a swirl mark remover and do the same technic as with the polishing compound. this is a good time to wash your car because it will be very dirty from stuff flyin around. last step is to wax it by hand with a wax with alot of carnuba in it. usually the thicker the more carnuba. that should be good enough. good and remember take your time and be carefull. you don't need to press hard on the paint with the machine, just let it glide over the paint.

Comment

Thanks guys! I used a meguires synthetic wax. First I washed the hell out of it. Then I ran the buffer over it, and let me tell you... Damn... I didn't know the old girl could look so nice. It's amazing how dirty my wool buffing pads got. I thought I washed it pretty good but I guess the was some deep embedded grime. Any way the car looks sweet
          Too bad I have AWD and you don't!

Comment

i gotta say for the money dollar for dollar meguires works best my old car 92 accord looked like **** when i got it, i used the 3 step meg. system and after that the car was so shiney and felt silky smooth problem is the silky smootheness dont last to long but the shine did. and i dont think my car had clearcoat becuase when i got it it looked really bad, though the meg. 3 step system takes a few hours but in the end ur arm hurts like hell but the car looks good, and isnt that whats most important!! lol

Comment

no i bet it was mostly just paint. are cars are kryl. single stage no clear. so when you buff it out everything goes the color of the car. mine was red everywhere

Comment

Working...
              X