familia center garnish question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

familia center garnish question

found this and thought someone might be interested.

The reason why it is here is b/c I have a question. It says also for the 323.... but wouldn't that cause problems???
    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Originally posted by TheMAN
    the 323 IS the protege in europe
    Exactly... mine is called 323, but its the same shape as Protege
    What you call 323, we europeans call 323 HB

Btw. I had no idea that the taillights on familia are different.
    One day you are born,
    The next big milestone
    you discover go zoom-zoom
    you can't get enough!

Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother@#?!&! upside the head!!!

This car refuses to die! By TheMAN

Comment

Yeh, "protege" is just some retarded name mazda used to market the 323 here in the states.

In other countries, familia has been used from the beginning.

My guess is that 323 sales were down (from the 85-89 years) so mazda decided to differentiate the sedan by calling it "Protege" and making it have nicer features than the entry-level 323 hatchback.
      93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
      02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
      05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

if you look at the trunk badge on an american pro right under the word "protege" it says "323"
        91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.
        Powered by MegaSquirt I PCB3, Tuned by Lex

More Information

Comment

Originally posted by redfox
          if you look at the trunk badge on an american pro right under the word "protege" it says "323"
          I think only the '90-'91 models have that. For the later models, it just says 'Protege'.
          -------------------------
          '91 LX
          '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
          -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
          well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

oh.....both my pros had it so ya....but my white 1 was a 90 and my red 1 is a 91

More Information

Comment

Yeah, the little "Mazda 323" under the Protege Logo on the trunk badge (metal) was only on the 90-91 model, the 92-94 model has a plastic badge that only had the Protege logo.
              1991 Mazda 323 GTR Sedan
              MODS:
              GTR motor swap, F&R Familia strut bars, MX-3 Rear Lower strut tie bar, GTX front bumper, GTX grill, EDM headlights & corners, EDM 323 rear garnish, EDM spoiler, EGT sideskirts, MX-3 seats, GTX steering wheel, EGT glass sunroof, WRX hood scoop (functional!!), and other things that take too much space to list.....
              TO DO LIST:
              EDM/JDM rear bumper
              EDM/JDM power folding mirrors
              Repaint car

Comment

oh ok i see......

More Information

Comment

nope got a 92 dx and its protege badge says' 323
                  '91 Mazda Protege GT/ Completely re-built engine w/.020 head shave, intake/exhaust P&P & 3 angle valve job, 2.25 full custom exhaust, RX-7 AFM, K&N Cone, 18* Timing advance, exhintake cam mod w/Fly'n Miata adjustables, Custom short shifter, CenterForce clutch, lightened flywheel, HAWK pads on all 4, Motegi Racing 8 spoke 16"s w/205/45/ZR16 rubber, VentShade window visors, lower lip spoiler, 4" driving lights w/halo's. MX-3 center console & Black carpet swap w/2 layers dynomat type insulation.
                  Soon to come... Garret T25 turbo, DSM injectors, GTX ecu (Needed) SAFC (Needed) FMIC (Needed)

'91 Toyota Soarer GT-TL/ Stock 1JZ-GTE, K&N drop in filter, Gewalt Evolution deep dish 17"s, Nardi steering wheel

sigpic

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind!

Comment

Originally posted by CBlaze
                    nope got a 92 dx and its protege badge says' 323
                    You're special. Every other Protege I looked at is like what was stated above.
                    2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

yah, maybe in the early 92 models they changed the badge or something.

Go look at your door jamb sticker...its probably a 10/91 or earlier build date.
                      93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
                      02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
                      05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

maybe he swapped out the badge, or trunk
                        NOW WITH SPINNER HUB CAPS

Comment

Damn right I'm special!...nahhh, but for curious wims I checked the build date 11\91
                          '91 Mazda Protege GT/ Completely re-built engine w/.020 head shave, intake/exhaust P&P & 3 angle valve job, 2.25 full custom exhaust, RX-7 AFM, K&N Cone, 18* Timing advance, exhintake cam mod w/Fly'n Miata adjustables, Custom short shifter, CenterForce clutch, lightened flywheel, HAWK pads on all 4, Motegi Racing 8 spoke 16"s w/205/45/ZR16 rubber, VentShade window visors, lower lip spoiler, 4" driving lights w/halo's. MX-3 center console & Black carpet swap w/2 layers dynomat type insulation.
                          Soon to come... Garret T25 turbo, DSM injectors, GTX ecu (Needed) SAFC (Needed) FMIC (Needed)

'91 Toyota Soarer GT-TL/ Stock 1JZ-GTE, K&N drop in filter, Gewalt Evolution deep dish 17"s, Nardi steering wheel

sigpic

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind!

Comment

How to find out build date???? (so i can celebrate that day)
                            One day you are born,
                            The next big milestone
                            you discover go zoom-zoom
                            you can't get enough!

Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother@#?!&! upside the head!!!

This car refuses to die! By TheMAN

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaMadness
                              How to find out build date???? (so i can celebrate that day)
                              Originally posted by Gro Harlem
                              Go look at your door jamb sticker...its probably a 10/91 or earlier build date.