Cv Joints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cv Joints

Hey does anyone know if there is any need to replace CV joints on our car that is lowered 2.5 inches and have kyb gr-2 struts? I dont know, thats why I ask.
    Is there any extra stress?

You should not have to replace CV unless they go bad on you. I would assume that there could be a change in forces somewhere along the entire suspension, but I am not sure if such change is critical enough to cause a CV joint failure.
    "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

My car was running on civic (yuck) coilovers for the longest time and I had to change the joints, the car had around 96k miles on it so i'm not sure that the coilovers were the definent cause - but im sure they didnt help.

I BOUGHT THE CAR WITH THE CIVIC COILOVERS ON! I'm not the stupid one, well unless leaving them on is stupid.. in which case i am the stupid one... but i took them off eventually!

"The only thing worse than bad memories, is no memories at all" - The Dismemberment Plan

Comment

Ride height doesn't affect CV joints the way it does regular U-joints.
        Ryan The middle child is always ignored
        BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
        Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

lol...ok so is that a yes or a no. Im not completely worried, but just wondering. I am repplacing things and if that is one of them I would like to get a new one.... (of course only if I need to) I dont want to drive it in the ground though and screw it up.

Comment

Thats a no. Our cars do not have a straight axle.
            "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

ok thx

Comment

Working...
              X