X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

220cc Injectors

How much better of throttle response will I see
    from 220cc injectors compared to the stock 205cc
    injectors in my 96 LX??? Anyone got an idea???
    Mike A.

Probably none unless you do some other **** too.
    Ryan The middle child is always ignored
    BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
    Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

ok, when u say "other ****", what exactly do u mean?

Comment

intake, headers, exhaust, cams................
        Maybe some headwork
        Ryan The middle child is always ignored
        BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
        Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

do they even make cams for the 1.5L? jesus christ if they did i would buy them in a heart beat!!! and if u did have all that stuff, what kind of gain would you see from new injectors?

Comment

Some engine management needs to be done also. You can't just put larger injectors in without somehow letting the ECU know that more gas is being put into the cylinders.
            "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

Originally posted by turbonium959
              Some engine management needs to be done also. You can't just put larger injectors in without somehow letting the ECU know that more gas is being put into the cylinders.
              Well I have an AEM CAI and an Arospeed cat.
              I hope that's enough....

btw turbo, u still gonna buy that cam gear off me???
              Mike A.

Comment

u have AEM CAI on ur 96 Protege LX???

Comment

Originally posted by streetsoldier85
                  u have AEM CAI on ur 96 Protege LX???
                  yep. sure do. came off a 91 Honda Accord. Cut it in half and bought a
                  couplet to connect the two and ran one half down towards the bottom
                  of the engine bay. I'll post pics tomorrow if i get a chance. Works great.
                  I took all the stickers and stuff off though and smoothed it out.
                  Mike A.

Comment

It sounds mean as hell along with the exhaust.
                    I get looks coming from every where when i take off
                    and when Im just scootin' along.
                    Mike A.

Comment

Thats hot man, if you have AIM, IM me on StreetSoldier185 and hit me up wit some pics of that. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by turbonium959
                        You can't just put larger injectors in without somehow letting the ECU know that more gas is being put into the cylinders.
                        The computer controls how much fuel is going into the engine by the length of time the injector is open, thus with the larger injector more fuel will pass through in the same amount of time. Does this not sound correct?

Are the 220cc injectors off the 1.8 or something? I'd like to know where i can get some to try this out.
                        Last edited by mattbeekler; 06-17-2004, 11:01 AM.

"The only thing worse than bad memories, is no memories at all" - The Dismemberment Plan

Comment

which ones are the 220cc that you want to get?

"The only thing worse than bad memories, is no memories at all" - The Dismemberment Plan

Comment

I don't see the point of you putting in higher flowing injectors if you only have an intake modification. Your stock injectors can handle up to -+ 200 hp maybe less. I forgot what the actual figure was when I did the calculation.
                            This purchase wouldn't be ideal, I won't even bother to think about controling them. If you have a turbo kit on your z5 and you were running 7+ lbs of boost and needed more fuel then I would understand and could see using some sort of piggyback to keep the injectors in check.

So stick with your stock injectors. If you want to spend money look elsewhere.
                            photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Working...
                            X