letting off the gas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

letting off the gas

have any of you had the problem when letting off the gas the car doesnt exactley stumble but shakes back and forth as if you were to tap the gas 5 times quickly? what did you do to fix that?
    James G.
    sobe83@yahoo.com
    AIM: DVS 323BPT
    MySpace
    Cardomain
    <BR>

<marquee>Turbonetics T3/T4, RC 550cc injectors, Walbro fuel pump, SSAutochrome Miata manifold, Tial 35mm wastegate, large FMIC, Apex-I SAFC, GReddy Type S BOV, 2.5" aluminum charge pipes, NGK plugs/wires, RX-7 VAM, 3" turbo-back exhaust, ARP head studs, H&R Springs, S/R struts, Sony XPlod deck-2/12" subs, Power Acoustic 800w amp, Pioneer speakers, Evo front bumper, ADR DV8 17" wheels.</marquee>

ive had that...it like stutters? fuel injector cleaner! my all purpose fix

Comment

when mine hit normal idel it will pulse, 500-700-500-700RPM like so and it makes a pulsing noice with my fartcan on it
      No more protege, Mx-3 now...Only known BP powered Mx-3 in Nova Scotia

Comment

ok i have a similiar pulse. and engine gorunding kit helped that out. if you are also runnign rich take a look at you coolant temp sensor. (the green one, $52CDN at a mazda dealer)
        When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
        Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
        Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
        So his engine he goosed
        With much too much boost,
        And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMAN
          motor mounts

Doesn't seem like motor mounts would cause THAT much jolting to me
          Current Cars
          2003 Nissan 350z. Touring Edition, Pike's Peak White and dark tint. Some audio work. Twin turbo swap and more audio work over the winter. Wheels and springs this winter.

Past Mazdas
          1994 Mazda Protege DX. DOHC swap in progress. Sold due to a move
          1992 Mazda Protege DX. BPT (GT-X) swap w. Haltech & MSD. Sold before it saw the road
          1996 Ford Probe GT. Flawless. 5-speed. Kept stock. Sold for an LS1

Comment

yah it feels more like the TB is opening and closing on its own. even when i let off the gas in 1st gear and just cruise at 5mph or whatever it is itll jolt back and forth. its not gonna be motor mounts, somethings just not functioning right.
            James G.
            sobe83@yahoo.com
            MySpace
            Cardomain
            <BR>

<marquee>Turbonetics T3/T4, RC 550cc injectors, Walbro fuel pump, SSAutochrome Miata manifold, Tial 35mm wastegate, large FMIC, Apex-I SAFC, GReddy Type S BOV, 2.5" aluminum charge pipes, NGK plugs/wires, RX-7 VAM, 3" turbo-back exhaust, ARP head studs, H&R Springs, S/R struts, Sony XPlod deck-2/12" subs, Power Acoustic 800w amp, Pioneer speakers, Evo front bumper, ADR DV8 17" wheels.</marquee>

Comment

could be either your front, rear , or passenger side motor mounts.
              or it could be your axles...
              I noticed this goes away when I change my axles.
              Bruce
              photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

well i do have a bad cv joint, its a chance i guess.
                James G.
                sobe83@yahoo.com
                MySpace
                Cardomain
                <BR>

Comment

hole in intake piping
                  "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
                  -93 MR2, 129 ES
                  ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
                  Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

Originally posted by JesseSays
                    hole in intake piping
                    yah i tried looking for that too. i really dont have much rubber hose besides on the intercooler and to connect all my pipes, so i tighten my hose clamps hardcore and still does it. i can build 11-12 boost without a controller so its obviously NOT in the piping after the turbo. maybe ill look closer at the piping before the turbo.
                    James G.
                    sobe83@yahoo.com
                    MySpace
                    Cardomain
                    <BR>

Comment

also a bad seal at the cylinder head and engine block will give you a leak that will make your car idle up and down....like your tb is opening. could mean a bad head gasket.
                      Current Mods
                      - 1991 Mazda Protege
                      - Coil over suspension
                      - Front sway bar
                      - 17" wheels
                      - Kuhmo 205/40/17
                      - Custom Air Intake
                      - NextGear Intake Gasket
                      - Custom molded front bumper
                      Future Mods
                      - BMW E36 headlight conversion
                      - Custom Turbo system
                      - Interior rework
                      - ICE

Comment

my idle's pretty stable, its the letting off the gas part that gives me that shake. but i just recently replaced my cap n rotor, i gave out on me yesterday and it's been a lot better ever since.
                        James G.
                        sobe83@yahoo.com
                        MySpace
                        Cardomain
                        <BR>

Comment

you better change that bad cv joint also ...
                          If it gives out on you . your stuck where ever you are.
                          I guess if you have an LSD you may be able to creep home
                          photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

engine mounts
                            93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
                            02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
                            05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

Originally posted by bruce95fmla
                              you better change that bad cv joint also ...
                              If it gives out on you . your stuck where ever you are.
                              I guess if you have an LSD you may be able to creep home
                              my clutch/cv joints went out in front of my gmas house
                              couldnt move anywhere

Comment

Working...
                              X