Custom Exhaust ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Exhaust ?

Okay, just got back from the shop. Straightpiping it all the way back. I've decided to go with a stainless Magnaflow muffler, no resonator and aluminium piping instead of stainless. I can replace the piping with stainless at any time for 120. My concern is this: they want to use a muffler different from the reccomendation of Magnaflow. The shop wants to use a 4x8x13.25 muffler instead of a 5x8x14. I let them order it because I can change the order at any time today.

SO

Do I let them put on what the custom shop wants to or do I tell them to put on what magnaflow is reccomending for their own performance exhaust system?

Devman
    "Life is either a comedy or it's not worth living."

don't double post...
    2000 DX, Blue
    Eibach Pro-Kit, MSP Struts, 16" Kosei's on Honkook Ventus HR-II's(205-45-16), MSP Exhaust, Injen CAI, MSP Strut Tower Bar, NGK Wires
    2 JL Audio 10w3-d4's in a sealed box, Rockford 500s amp, 2 6x9 Pioneer Premier 4-ways, 2 6x8 Kenwood Excelon 3-ways, Rockford 301x amp, Pioneer Premier DEH-P650, Dynamat in some fun places.....

Comment

Sorry, didn't realize I had. My browser keeps telling me when I try to post "No page to display" and then when I check the forum there isn't a post there, so I put up another one and it goes through all the way. My bad, sorry.

Devman

Comment

I would do what Magnaflow recommended. If you bought the muffler from the shop and they told you what needed to be done then koo. If not....hhmmm. I wouldn't consider.

MP3 Strut Bar..Silver Stars..GoldLine Springs..Two 10 Inch Speakers..480 Watt Amp..Custom Voltage Meter..Ingen CAI..Bomz Axle Back Exhaust..Konigs Holes 17x7

Comment

Without resonator, I hope you like the hummin sound of bees, cause its goin to hhhmmmm bbmmummm, like crazy. Lets hope the kit includes ear plugs. Mine has resonator and it bothers after a few miles on the highway.

Comment

what kind of muffler are you using?

Comment

None, now. They don't do mandrel bends, and that soured the deal for me. No point in an exhaust system if you don't mandrel bend it. He was gonna use a 4x8x18 Stainless Magnaflow, though. I found a good deal on one online, so I'm gonna save my pennies and buy a bolt-on system, which will still be Magnaflow.

Devman

Comment

What year/motor do you have?

Comment

2002, BP-DE 2.0l

Comment

uh. . . bp-de 2.0? I don't think so, you must mean fs-de. . . because I have the bp-de, and it's definitely 1.8

Comment

Whoops, my mistake. FS-DE, yes. Sorry about that one.

Devman

Comment

lol, yeah, threw me off for a sec, had to check the faq

Comment

I get things mixed up every once in a while. I think I'm just going to try to get a group buy going on a Magnaflow exhaust system or something. 10+ People should be able to drive the cost down a bit, and it's already a pretty cheap exhaust @ ~350 shipped.

Devman

Comment

Working...
                          X