lowering questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lowering questions

I have a 1997 Protege LX and i wanted to know what the cheapest and easiest way to lower it about an inch would be. also about what size rim would i be able to fit in the wheel well if i did lower it.

I have 17's and I lowered it 2.5 inches, With an inch drop it shouldnt matter what size rim. As far as the cheapest way... Arospeed would be like 160 or you might be able to find em on ebay for cheaper. Arospeed is a little bumpy though. As far as the springs... they are expensive as far as im concerned. I think most springs run about $200. Check the post at the top of the suspention page it has a list of almost everything for our cars and most prices.

Comment

I got my aerospeeds on ebay for $140 shipped. They work great, they arnet bumpy but bouncy! :D

"The only thing worse than bad memories, is no memories at all" - The Dismemberment Plan

Comment

H&R's on tire rack for 185, not 100% sure if it fits the 97s tho. I'd make one recommendation as far as wheels are concerned: get tires that will maintain near-factory diameter (ie going to a 215/50R15 from a 185/65R14). If you already knew this, my apologies.
        Tire size calculator:

Comment

what all is needed to lower the car? just springs???

Comment

Yes, but it's a good idea to replace the struts at the same time.

Comment

Ryan The middle child is always ignored
              BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
              Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

You will probably need a camber kit as well, Although I dont know if it is nessecery at only an inch drop. You might not notice much of a difference with only an inch. And yes mattbeeckler the word WOULD be bouncy, bumpy was jus the first word that came to mind. And as far as the stuts- good idea, and deffinetly if they are shot like mine Oh well I got KYB GR-2's now

Comment

I don't think the camber kit is necessary, I was reading about it on the faq and they said to make sure the toe is properly set before messing with camber.

Comment

Working...
                  X