alero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alero

i was wondering what u guys think of the oldsmobile alero, the 3.4 V6 one. i am considering to give up my slow 4 banger pro to a new 6. i will still keep my pro for future plans, but i was wondering if anyone out there as been in an alero, oh yeah its the same thing as a grand am gt

Not an Alero, but my ex-gf had a 1995 Achieva (the model right before the Alero). 3.1 V6 and a 4 speed auto. Pretty nice car, lot of power. It was excellent on the highway, and even got decent gas mileage (25 or so average). Had all the usual GM flaws: rattles, cheap controls, cheesy interior, and it didn't handle all that well, but overall a nice cruiser, if that's the sort of car you want.
    ~Mark.
    2002 Protege DX 5 speed, "Kenmore White," well-loved and a little over half paid-for

Comment

i like them, but speeking of an alero, xlerate93, and myself chased on on the highway one night, we stuck right with him, till he entered a corner at like 120, so we backed off. nice cars IMO .
      .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
      225.94wtq
      torque monster!!!!
      dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
      http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
      http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

I was going to buy an alero before the protege
        it was going to be a silver, two door
        fully loaded, but only 4cylinder, because the 6 was too expensive for my wallet.
        that is before i test drove it.
        the car is way too heavy for the 4 cylinder, so, i decided with the protege

Mods :

Racing Beats Springs...Racing beat Exhast (catback)...Boston Accoustics...50% tint all over ...Piaa superwhite fog lights...blue neon under seats... mesh grill (looks good, see for your self)...6cd OEM changer...blue engine loom in engine...clear corner turn signals...Kenwood amp(600W)

My car gallery

My car in silver

CRV.... Sold....sniff, sniff

Comment

I rented one last year in Arizona and beat 2000 miles into it in a week. It had the v6.

Decent car, but it's heavy - and feels like it. Steering is good, but again, does not have the quick reflexes of a lighter vehicle.

The suspension seems to be that typical GM mix of compromised handling AND comfort - it shines in neither category. Handles okay, and is reasonably comfy. No surprises.

The interior is okay, too. Lots of plastics, and I think the cupholders suck if I remember correctly. The seats are pretty decent though - we drove from Tuscon to the Grand Canyon (about a 7-8 hour trip) with only one stop for gas, and I never felt tired, achy, or fatigued - so I guess the seats are pretty good. We also took it from the Grand Cayon to Vegas (about 4-5 hours) and back to Tucson. Like I said, 2000 miles in a week.

As a rental, I had no complaints about it. It's a run-of-the-mill, white-bread kind of car. If that's what you want, it'll fit the bill pretty well. But don't expect any kind of excitement from it in any area. Power is okay, handling is okay, styling is okay, comfort is okay - an average car.

~HH

Comment

I like em.. they look good and handle pretty good for being a big car.... I agree you need to get the 6 since its so heavy but I'd buy one

Comment

donnt oldsmobile's have a lot of engine problems? thats what ive heard

Comment

Working...
              X